Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sit Ups hurting back. watch

Announcements

I have started doing sit ups as im wanting to go into the military, but ive noticed that after only 2 or 3 sit ups my back hurts really bad so much that i have to stop.

It doesnt hurt my abs at all, just my back, i dont know why as i seem to be doing them correctly.

My back also makes a cracking noise every one i do, its like a pop kind of cracking noise.

I really need to resolve this issue as i need to do sit ups to pass the fitness test and then will need to do lots during basic.

ReputationRep:
    You've also posted this as non-anon
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This is usually related to the floor material. I tried doing sit ups on a thin carpet and it really hurts. Try doing them on a rug or fitness mat and see if there's a difference
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Either floor or a lumbar/ SI muscle tightness

ReputationRep:
    ask someone to watch you do some sit ups and ask them to watch which muscles you're tensing... you shouldn't be pulling at all with your back/shoulders/arms

and make sure you do them on a comfortable surface

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.