Turn on thread page Beta

I miss my eating disorders watch

This is a little messed up, but I wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience. I used to have eating disorders a few years ago, and while I have pulled myself out of it, I feel the urge sometimes. As messed up as it sounds, on some level they really gave me a sense of purpose and direction, and control, things which I lack a lot of the time now. Wondered if anyone has felt the same.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I kind of miss having an eating disorder because, while I no longer have anorexia, I still suffer from body dysmorphia, and I still want to be far thinner than I am. I miss how I looked before. It's weird, yes. But logically, I know I'm better this way.

Spoiler:
    Show

Disclaimer: I'm no expert!! Just talking from experience

It's a little worrying that you miss having an eating disorder for those reasons.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    on some level they really gave me a sense of purpose and direction, and control, things which I lack a lot of the time now.
    These are generally symptoms of depression (lack of motivation, feeling helplessness etc.). Feeling as though you have a lack of control over your life often leads people to self harm (i.e. something they can control). Try your best to avoid going down that route.

Perhaps channel your energy into something that is controllable - something productive such as work or studying. Think about how doing this will better your life.

Also remember to practice self care (treating yourself and whatnot). For some people, that means bath bombs. For others, it means four glasses of water a day.

I hope you do not relapse.

Best of luck, and stay safe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.