what activity level do I put for daily calories? Watch

storm95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been trying to use the bodybuilding.com calorie calculator but I'm stuck on what activity level I am at. I do strength training 4 days a week (always pushing myself and sweating like crazy at the end of it). At the same time, I have an intense job which requires lifting and moving around and I work around 3x a week. I workout on days I have no work. I also cycle to get myself around (i.e. to and from work)

So what activity level would i be in? The ones listed on the website are as follow:

ACTIVITY LEVEL
Lightly active (moderate exercise but sedentary job)
Moderately active (intense exercise but sedentary job)
Very active (moderate exercise and active job)
Extra active (intense exercise and active job)
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by storm95)
I've been trying to use the bodybuilding.com calorie calculator but I'm stuck on what activity level I am at. I do strength training 4 days a week (always pushing myself and sweating like crazy at the end of it). At the same time, I have an intense job which requires lifting and moving around and I work around 3x a week. I workout on days I have no work. I also cycle to get myself around (i.e. to and from work)

So what activity level would i be in? The ones listed on the website are as follow:

ACTIVITY LEVEL
Lightly active (moderate exercise but sedentary job)
Moderately active (intense exercise but sedentary job)
Very active (moderate exercise and active job)
Extra active (intense exercise and active job)
I would say you're extra active here.
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd go very active

But those calculators are just a starting guess.So I'd say if you want to loose weight go very and if you want to gain then go extra since it's more likely to have the desired results. Then like anyone using these, adjust according to what the scales tell you
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find the activity calculators massively inflate calorie levels burnt, so I always err on the side of caution.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say active - very active(assuming your bike ride isn't like 40km each way or something) as you do have an active job and work out but you're not marathon running and you don't work 5 days a week

really you only want to treat this as a starting point though and reevaulate based on weight changes/energy levels etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads