The Student Room Group

How is sex a need?

Why do sexual humans need sex?
I've read that not having sex can affect sexual humans health.

My barber told me that during his 3 months of no sex he felt agitated and angry a lot, I don't understand that as when I stopped masturbating for 3 months I didn't feel any different.

Sexual humans don't need sex to survive. Nu, minks and priests all go without sex and the all seem fine.
Why is it so important?

I've heard stories of romantic relationships ending because of sex, I think it's stupid as there are other things you can be doing with your partner other than sex.
I guess in relationships it’s nice to have sex, as it creates and maintains an intimate bond. Good relationships are often made when the individuals are best friends, so I feel that sex takes the best friend relationship, into a relationship.

Sex is obviously not everything and like you said, many are able to go without it. Sex is clearly to allow us to reproduce, so it is an innate desire in the majority of the population. Perhaps over the years some people have evolved to have little or none of these desires, hence why some people identify as asexual.

Quick Reply

Latest