Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi I have an interview at edge hill for the course - psycho social analysis of offending behaviour. I'm nervous and was wondering if anyone has any tips for what the interview will be like to help me prepare or what the course it self is like from any current students?? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

Official Rep
    Hi Jan, hope you're well!

Sean, a Psychosocial Analysis of Offending Behaviour lecturer, has sent me a brief bit of info about interviews:

The interview is more of a discussion, where we will explore applicant views on the nature of the course, asking questions about their interests in the area of crime and offending. We will also discuss the wider context, e.g. (current issues being reported in the news). There is no special reading required, although we will discuss commitment to the course, expectations of studying at degree level etc.

I would definitely recommend looking at examples of crime and offending, justice, youth offenders, complex offending behaviour (i.e. mental health related or repeat offenders), and the wider impact of crime. Any topics currently or recently in the news will be especially useful. If you have any examples of what you've done to work towards your career goal, you can use this in the discussion. For instance, you may have done some work experience with a relevant company or charity, or you may follow loads of news, blogs and publications regarding offending behaviour (which you use to learn more about the sector).

I would also recommend preparing any questions you may have about the course. You'll get a chance to ask these at the end - don't forget, this is also your chance to learn more about studying Psychosocial Analysis of Offending Behaviour at Edge Hill.

Good luck with your interview - let me know if you have any other questions!

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.