The Student Room Group

How can I get contact with my daughter

How can I get contact with my daughter If her Mums a *****
Original post by Ashley :)

best way to do this is speak to her mum and see how things go from there.
if needed, go to the courts and see what they can do for you.
other than that the only thing I can think of is going to the local authority (social services) and see if hey can help you.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2

Is this a trick question?
Reply 3
Thank you but I’ve been down this before, she just won’t let me have contact, she’s threatened to kill herself and my daughter if I go near them but I’m no harm to my own family.. I’ve shown the message s to the police but apparently she is no threat to my daughter so currently I’m stuck
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
Is this a trick question?

No
Thank you but I’ve been down this before, she just won’t let me have contact, she’s threatened to kill herself and my daughter if I go near them but I’m no harm to my own family.. I’ve shown the message s to the police but apparently she is no threat to my daughter so currently I’m stuck

That’s horrific, if she’s threatening to kill herself and the daughter she is not fit to care for her. The police should investigate into that immediately. Go back and try to speak to a different officer maybe? Or get a lawyer?
This question makes no sense to me
Original post by UlaGreyWolf
That’s horrific, if she’s threatening to kill herself and the daughter she is not fit to care for her. The police should investigate into that immediately. Go back and try to speak to a different officer maybe? Or get a lawyer?

I agree with this but you need to ensure that your child is safe first of all. if her mother is like this then you need to let the local authority know. they will help you to have access to her and will ensure her safety. also you have to think about the mothers wellbeing if se needs help then she needs to be able to go and get that, with those threats she needs to access this immediately.
please just contact someone who is going to be able to help with this...
Reply 9
I'm guessing you are referring to the adoptive mother, otherwise you've just called yourself a *****...

You should get the authorities involved if you believe your daughter is in danger.
Reply 10
Original post by UWS
I'm guessing you are referring to the adoptive mother, otherwise you've just called yourself a *****...

That's why I was wondering trick question........
Original post by UWS

You should get the authorities involved if you believe your daughter is in danger.

Ashley could be the father...

You might find this NSPCC site more helpful than TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending