The Student Room Group

My referee sent the reference to me - not UCAS - and she won't answer her mails

Hello,

I'm an international student trying to apply in UCAS for Teacher Training for the year 2018-2019. I need two references. One has been completed and sent by the first referee. However, my second referee, who doesn't know how UCAS works and didn't read my mail properly, sent her reference directly to me as a PDF. I sent her a mail saying that she should submit it herself following the link in the UCAS email, but she didn't answer. It's been two weeks, I emailed her twice since, tried to chase her to no avail. It's starting to become urgent, as my interviews are on March 8th and the universities need my application.

Could I submit it myself with a small addendum explaining the situation and saying that Miss Referee can be reached at [her email] for confirmation of my story ? I really want to submit my form as quick as possible !

Thank you
Original post by Dendera
Hello,

I'm an international student trying to apply in UCAS for Teacher Training for the year 2018-2019. I need two references. One has been completed and sent by the first referee. However, my second referee, who doesn't know how UCAS works and didn't read my mail properly, sent her reference directly to me as a PDF. I sent her a mail saying that she should submit it herself following the link in the UCAS email, but she didn't answer. It's been two weeks, I emailed her twice since, tried to chase her to no avail. It's starting to become urgent, as my interviews are on March 8th and the universities need my application.

Could I submit it myself with a small addendum explaining the situation and saying that Miss Referee can be reached at [her email] for confirmation of my story ? I really want to submit my form as quick as possible !

Thank you

universities generaly wouldnt accept that, can you try to call them or skype your referee to explain things?
I don't have their phone number, it is not customary in my country for teachers to share their phone numbers. I can try to obtain it but that will be extremely difficult. Not to mention holidays are next week.
It's just so frustrating : I have the legitimate reference, signed by my referee and because UCAS' system is really messed up, I can't submit it !
Reply 4
Original post by Dendera
I don't have their phone number, it is not customary in my country for teachers to share their phone numbers. I can try to obtain it but that will be extremely difficult. Not to mention holidays are next week.

Call your school office or secretary not the teacher. They can get a message to the teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending