Turn on thread page Beta

What Uni should i go to watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the past 2 years, i have been sure that i wanted to go back to my home country and attend AUB (i was the only person not going to places like UK US and Canada). This year, everything seems to be ending and i started doubting what uni i should attend. I am so lost right now and i am thinking that i want to go to the UK to study medicine but i dont know what universities to pick and i really dont want the stress of doing the UKCAT or BMAT. I also have no extra-curricular activities. Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nearlydone1)
    For the past 2 years, i have been sure that i wanted to go back to my home country and attend AUB (i was the only person not going to places like UK US and Canada). This year, everything seems to be ending and i started doubting what uni i should attend. I am so lost right now and i am thinking that i want to go to the UK to study medicine but i dont know what universities to pick and i really dont want the stress of doing the UKCAT or BMAT. I also have no extra-curricular activities. Help?
    These days I think pretty much all universities require either ukcat or bmat for medicine. There are some that don't place as much emphasis on those scores though: https://www.themedicportal.com/where...re-2018-entry/

If you don't want the stress of taking a ukcat/bmat test then you'll probably struggle during your degree, it only gets more stressful. It's worth at least trying.

You will generally need some work experience or voluntary work to write about in your application so try getting some experience at a hospital or care home.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.