Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are Bank staffs so rude? watch

Announcements

Is it just me or do I find most of them so rude. So a couple of days ago, I went to the bank after I got a message telling me, I had some overnight balance and I got confused to what that supposed to mean and thought it was an overdraft . I went in to ask them simple questions and whether I could be taken out of the ‘overdraft system’ the lady was so rude to me after standing for hours and just said ‘we are not your mums’. I was left looking a little bit shocked and explained to her again. She then gave up and asked the lady next to her and she replied ‘oh we don’t do that anymore, we stopped in december’ and I was like ‘oh okay’. Was it so necessary to be that rude?. Worst customer service. Yes I am talking to you Lloyd’s. Avoid that bank.

ReputationRep:
    Generalising one individual as an entire bank's reputation may not be your best assumption. Everyone, regardless of employed or student, has their bad days; Some are not properly coached; Some are instinctively unpleasant; Some don't have empathy based people skills yet. However, we shouldn't base our entire opinion on an institution or industry on one or a couple interactions.

If that were the case, everyone would think you're a rude and unpleasant person and suggest to avoid you; however, I would bet that's not the case. Right?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Apocalyps)
    Generalising one individual as an entire bank's reputation may not be your best assumption. Everyone, regardless of employed or student, has their bad days; Some are not properly coached; Some are instinctively unpleasant; Some don't have empathy based people skills yet. However, we shouldn't base our entire opinion on an institution or industry on one or a couple interactions.

If that were the case, everyone would think you're a rude and unpleasant person and suggest to avoid you; however, I would bet that's not the case. Right?
    After my comment I did wonder whether I was generalising a bit too much. But the thing is, the system in how they work it’s far complex then just a rude women in the front of the counter. Which is why I made this comment. They charge you overpriced fee without telling you. Anyways there was a lot of point which I did not mention because I wasn’t primarily concerned about the customer service standard.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    After my comment I did wonder whether I was generalising a bit too much. But the thing is, the system in how they work it’s far complex then just a rude women in the front of the counter. Which is why I made this comment. They charge you overpriced fee without telling you. Anyways there was a lot of point which I did not mention because I wasn’t primarily concerned about the customer service standard.
    Was*

ReputationRep:
    I see your point. To be fair, all banking institutions are required to tell you fees, etc. and can/will be fined for not doing so. That being said, I am certain you were provided that information.

As a consumer myself, I too have missed certain fee notices - somewhere on page 25 which isn't the simplest to locate - and had to pay the penalty.

Agreed that banking and it's regulations are quite complex. Also agreed the rep who "assisted" you should have handled the situation with empathy. Side note: After the interaction, did you speak with the manager so the apathetic rep could be coached in future?

(Original post by Apocalyps)
    I see your point. To be fair, all banking institutions are required to tell you fees, etc. and can/will be fined for not doing so. That being said, I am certain you were provided that information.

As a consumer myself, I too have missed certain fee notices - somewhere on page 25 which isn't the simplest to locate - and had to pay the penalty.

Agreed that banking and it's regulations are quite complex. Also agreed the rep who "assisted" you should have handled the situation with empathy. Side note: After the interaction, did you speak with the manager so the apathetic rep could be coached in future?
    Oh no I wouldn’t want to take it to the manager for me it’s embarassing, I guess I made this forum so I can see if other people had similar ‘experience’ if you would call it.

ReputationRep:
    If I may make the point then: If one does nothing to correct the behaviour, the behaviour will persist.

If this were a one-off for the rep, then the manager will understand. If this were a repeated problem, then the manager will need to take action. Either way, it's best to help improve the rep by sharing your experience; otherwise, threads like this will continue.

ReputationRep:
    You're standing up for 8 hours a day to do mundane things on Windows 98, occasionally explain basic financial concepts to laypeople and occasionally handle old people who can't hear you behind the glass window or arrogant youth who feel entitled to Emirates treatment and have a patience of 200 seconds max. You're also earning just 5-25% more than the cleaner who comes at the end of the evening, and online banking means you spend every end of the month trying to get out of bank telling because you'll never know which branch will close next.

Why wouldn't you be rude in those conditions?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.