Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I think I'm going to accept my Northumbria offer as my first choice, but I'm not sure which accommodation to apply to? I would preferably like to live in a mixed flat/hall with an on-suite and a nice social atmosphere! I've looked at the accommodation guides and all the places sound so similar I don't know how to decide, any advice would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm in the same situation! I'm thinking about applying to Liberty Quay as it's the cheapest option but also has all you really need. It's close to the Uni, it has a free gym, en-suite and it's a mixed flat, fitting 6 people per flat. For me, it sounds like the best offer. I've heard that it is quite social, but I believe Glenamara is the most social. However, it really depends on who's living in the flats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emz-18)
    Hello, I'm in the same situation! I'm thinking about applying to Liberty Quay as it's the cheapest option but also has all you really need. It's close to the Uni, it has a free gym, en-suite and it's a mixed flat, fitting 6 people per flat. For me, it sounds like the best offer. I've heard that it is quite social, but I believe Glenamara is the most social. However, it really depends on who's living in the flats.
    I'm thinking of applying there too, but I can't decide between Liberty Quay and Rosedale court? Liberty Quay looks like it has more going on, but I like the look of Rosedale court and I like that its got a lot or art/music going on. I'm not sure how to decide :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaBobins)
    I'm thinking of applying there too, but I can't decide between Liberty Quay and Rosedale court? Liberty Quay looks like it has more going on, but I like the look of Rosedale court and I like that its got a lot or art/music going on. I'm not sure how to decide :^_^:
    Ahh yes, I looked into rosedale court too as it looked quite nice but I've never heard of it before so it put me off.. so I've ended up applying to liberty and now have a place there! hoping it goes well haha

ReputationRep:
    which one of these offer separate/personal washroom?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Ahmedali92,

Every accommodation except for Glenamara has an en-suite bathroom which includes a shower, toilet and wash basin!

You can view the full list of halls here and we also have some cool virtual tour videos which may be of use

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have on our residences!

Thanks,

Emily, 3rd year Business with Marketing Management student.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thankyou for your reply. can you please tell me about the free wifi and cleaning services available ? esp in liberty quay or rosedale court?
    (Original post by Northumbria University Undergraduate)
    Hi Ahmedali92,

Every accommodation except for Glenamara has an en-suite bathroom which includes a shower, toilet and wash basin!

You can view the full list of halls here and we also have some cool virtual tour videos which may be of use

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have on our residences!

Thanks,

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ahmedali92)
    Hi, thankyou for your reply. can you please tell me about the free wifi and cleaning services available ? esp in liberty quay or rosedale court?
    Yeah sure! So all of the accommodations come with free Wi-Fi and this means that you're able to use your phone, tablet, laptop, games console etc in your flat and bedroom.

If I remember correctly you can pay a fee to get faster Wi-Fi. However, I never had a problem with the free one when I was in halls and actually thought it was very fast!

In terms of cleaning I can't speak for Liberty Quay and Rosedale Court but I was in New Bridge Street and we had cleaners visit maybe once a month/two months and they would do a quick clean over and empty the bins but it was primarily our own responsibility to make sure our flat was clean and there were also inspections every few months.

If you have any specific questions then the accommodations team will be able to help, you can find them on the webiste

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    thanks Emily, I'm sorry for being a bug but can you tell me which one has the most postgraduate students?

(Original post by Northumbria University Undergraduate)
    Yeah sure! So all of the accommodations come with free Wi-Fi and this means that you're able to use your phone, tablet, laptop, games console etc in your flat and bedroom.

If I remember correctly you can pay a fee to get faster Wi-Fi. However, I never had a problem with the free one when I was in halls and actually thought it was very fast!

In terms of cleaning I can't speak for Liberty Quay and Rosedale Court but I was in New Bridge Street and we had cleaners visit maybe once a month/two months and they would do a quick clean over and empty the bins but it was primarily our own responsibility to make sure our flat was clean and there were also inspections every few months.

If you have any specific questions then the accommodations team will be able to help, you can find them on the webiste

Hope that helps!

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    thanks Emily, I'm sorry for being a bug but can you tell me which one has the most postgraduate students?
    Hello, I am Anele and I am Northumbria postgraduate student rep,

All accommodations are quite popular among postgraduates and I will try to find as soon as I can, but for now I don't think that there are exact numbers about which one has the most postgraduate students, but for now, I suggest to read the review by one of postgraduate student
    https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/the-hu...rad-on-campus/

And if you have some further question, do not hesitate,

Anele, MA Creative and Cultural Industries Management

ReputationRep:
    oh right, thanks though.
    one more question Anele, I have just paid my initial deposit to confirm my place, Can you please tell me when can I now apply for accommodation? like will I be getting some account through which I can apply cause currently I just can't because I haven't be provided with student ID and password?

(Original post by Northumbria University Postgraduate)
    Hello, I am Anele and I am Northumbria postgraduate student rep,

All accommodations are quite popular among postgraduates and I will try to find as soon as I can, but for now I don't think that there are exact numbers about which one has the most postgraduate students, but for now, I suggest to read the review by one of postgraduate student
    https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/the-hu...rad-on-campus/

And if you have some further question, do not hesitate,

Anele, MA Creative and Cultural Industries Management
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    oh right, thanks though.
    one more question Anele, I have just paid my initial deposit to confirm my place, Can you please tell me when can I now apply for accommodation? like will I be getting some account through which I can apply cause currently I just can't because I haven't be provided with student ID and password?
    Hello,
    you can apply after you make Northumbria University your firm choice, so you have to get your login any moment now
    If you didn't, I will help you with that too

Cheers,
    Anele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3122388)
    Hi, I think I'm going to accept my Northumbria offer as my first choice, but I'm not sure which accommodation to apply to? I would preferably like to live in a mixed flat/hall with an on-suite and a nice social atmosphere! I've looked at the accommodation guides and all the places sound so similar I don't know how to decide, any advice would be appreciated
    Liberty Quey is meant to be a great accommodation, right round the corner from the Uni plus close to the city centre. I was lucky to get an unconditional so I got first pick of accommodation. But would recommend to look into it
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there!

I hope we can help – Have you had a look at The Shield? Our show flat is open now so you are more than welcome to come take a look around and find out all about living with us. If you can’t pop in, give us a call and we can arrange for a Skype tour of our show room.

We also have a great social spaces with a cinema room, quiet study area and on-site gym and we're a short walk away from both Northumbria and Newcastle University.

We give you the choice to pick which flat you want! If you want to live in a mixed en-suite flat with a social atmosphere - The Shield is right up your street!

Our en-suite flats start from £113.00 per week

Check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheShieldUK/ to see the latest events, photos with our current students or contact us on 0191 300 6502.

You can also visit our website at http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/the-shield/

Thanks,

Christy @ The Shield
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    which one of these offer separate/personal washroom?
    Hi, If you check out what we have to offer at Knoll Court we have just recently had a refurbishment with a brand new, modern common space and gym facilities. I hope you like the look and if you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact us !

http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...e/knoll-court/
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi , do not worry about not having sorted accommodation yet! Here at Knoll Court we still have some rooms available for as little as £96 per week. We are located just a 2 minute walk from Northumbria Business school and just 5 minutes from the city campus. We have recently had a refurbishment and now have an onsite common room, gym and private study areas. If you are interested in seeing the rooms take a look on our website and if you have any questions drop us a message on our live chat.
    We would be delighted to have you here! Best of luck, KC Team [img]file:///C:/Users/SHANNE~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img]!
    r%7C790881%
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi, do not worry about not having sorted accommodation yet! Here at Knoll Court we still have some rooms available for as little as £96 per week. We are located just a 2 minute walk from Northumbria Business school and just 5 minutes from the city campus. We have recently had a refurbishment and now have an onsite common room, gym and private study areas. If you are interested in seeing the rooms take a look on our website and if you have any questions drop us a message on our live chat.
    We would be delighted to have you here! Best of luck, KC Team [img]file:///C:/Users/SHANNE~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img]!

(Original post by Skinner18)
    Liberty Quey is meant to be a great accommodation, right round the corner from the Uni plus close to the city centre. I was lucky to get an unconditional so I got first pick of accommodation. But would recommend to look into it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 17, 2018

University open days

1. Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Northumbria University
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  3. Northumbria University
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.