Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How come men say they prefer ling hair even if it doesnt suit? Ive heard men say that older woman in their 40's and 50's shouldnt cut it short but doesn't it look a bit unclassy, immature/witchy on older women? Like doesnt it look like they are trying to be young? A bit like a man in his 50's having the same cut as an 18 year old. I dont think that long hair suits an ageing face with lines etc. Whereas with shorter hair you can make the most out of wrinkles and go for the wise look

Btw im not an older woman asking lol im trying to get my head around it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How come men say they prefer ling hair even if it doesnt suit? Ive heard men say that older woman in their 40's and 50's shouldnt cut it short but doesn't it look a bit unclassy, immature/witchy on older women? Like doesnt it look like they are trying to be young? A bit like a man in his 50's having the same cut as an 18 year old. I dont think that long hair suits an ageing face with lines etc. Whereas with shorter hair you can make the most out of wrinkles and go for the wise look

Btw im not an older woman asking lol im trying to get my head around it
    I quite like long hair in general, and maybe longer hair on an older woman has a more young feel and is therefore more attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Long hair is associated with youth and therefore fertlity. In the same way, blushing is associated with lingering post-coital excitement. Older women with longer hair and a stack of blusher are fighting the inevitable.

(Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Long hair is associated with youth and therefore fertlity. In the same way, blushing is associated with lingering post-coital excitement. Older women with longer hair and a stack of blusher are fighting the inevitable.
    Exactly long hair doesnt match wrinkles really so why not go with the flow and have shorter hair to aim to pull off the sexy wisdom look. Just aim to maintain a good body (possible with 5 days of training and dedicated diet). Yet some older women have long hair even if its not in great condition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly long hair doesnt match wrinkles really so why not go with the flow and have shorter hair to aim to pull off the sexy wisdom look. Just aim to maintain a good body (possible with 5 days of training and dedicated diet). Yet some older women have long hair even if its not in great condition.
    Maybe women just want to look the way they want to look. Just a thought. Older women with longer hair still beat older men with ponytails.

(Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Maybe women just want to look the way they want to look. Just a thought. Older women with longer hair still beat older men with ponytails.
    Or pony tails with balding at the centre at the head.. true story. Yea why do older men want to have ponytails : /

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, long hair = youth whilst short hair = old age? Truly you can't think it's as simple as that, yea? Would that imply my dad can't wear trainers on the weekend? A teen can't enjoy dark chocolate? Granddad can't partake in a packet of crisps? No one can enjoy a nice mug of hot cocoa on a rainy day?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Apocalyps)
    Sorry, long hair = youth whilst short hair = old age? Truly you can't think it's as simple as that, yea? Would that imply my dad can't wear trainers on the weekend? A teen can't enjoy dark chocolate? Granddad can't partake in a packet of crisps? No one can enjoy a nice mug of hot cocoa on a rainy day?
    No I dont think of it as that simple. I think short hair looks nice on some young women. I just dont get how long hair goes with an older face with wrinkles though. Imagine. 5ft older woman in her 50's or 60's with linger hair. It appears as though s woman is trying to look young, but with a defect ie wrinkles/unglowing face. A bit like men having a teenage spiky haircut through life. If the woman has shorter hair shes embracing hair age, it doesnt drag her face down as much and she could pull off a wise sexy look. I dont know if im explainjng it well.

ReputationRep:
    A couple years ago, I saw Rusko (kind of dubstep DJ) in concert. Favourite part of my night were these 2, obviously, 70 yr olds dancing only as 70 yr olds can dance. F*ck stereotypes.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.