Turn on thread page Beta

How to beg a Sixth Form to let me in ? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabzyyy987)
    ive got a contact for sjc hes a science teacher and assistant head there maybe u can ask him? i dont know if that will help u but i thought i would help out Mr Aleem is the name
    You've been SJC ? Have you been to their Sixth Form ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    You've been SJC ? Have you been to their Sixth Form ?
    nah i just have contacts anyways contact mr aleem he may be able to help u

ReputationRep:
    nah i just have contacts anyways contact mr aleem he may be able to help u
    I need more than that ? Like a Email etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    Cheers Bro,but half these Sixth Forms are not replying on E-Mail it's like they are all on Lockdown.You dont understand though,i cant just stay at home,if i dont find a place to resit my Maths,no College/Sixth Form is letting me in ? Therefore i will just have to stay at home doing nothing ? I am already a Year behind my Age Group,i dont want to make it 2
    I'm 23, 3rd year Dentistry, 2-3 years older than my piers! Go visit the colleges make a day trip of it and go with some positivity. Not urgency alone. You don't need to stay at home and nor will you! Something good will come. Get off this Forum and go for a run. Make your way to colleges nearby and then those you could catch a bus to. I travel 35-40 minutes every morning to get to Uni from where I live because this area is nicer and cheaper. Consider a different course if you must but make sure to get some offers rolling in. Our advise on SR won't help you. Going out and figuring things out with colleges will! Apprenticeships, btecs are good options and open up a pathway for university if not directly into work. Get some offers rolling in my man! Good luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    I need more than that ? Like a Email etc
    phone the college up and extension number for Mr aleem is 138

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MirzaVlogs)
    I'm 23, 3rd year Dentistry, 2-3 years older than my piers! Go visit the colleges make a day trip of it and go with some positivity. Not urgency alone. You don't need to stay at home and nor will you! Something good will come. Get off this Forum and go for a run. Make your way to colleges nearby and then those you could catch a bus to. I travel 35-40 minutes every morning to get to Uni from where I live because this area is nicer and cheaper. Consider a different course if you must but make sure to get some offers rolling in. Our advise on SR won't help you. Going out and figuring things out with colleges will! Apprenticeships, btecs are good options and open up a pathway for university if not directly into work. Get some offers rolling in my man! Good luck!!!!
    Straight difference between me and you their bro.I need something to work for,i need a reason to get up in the morning.Looks like you got a amazing work ethic, but i aint like that i need something to be motivated for.I'm gonna phone and harass every college/sixth form in the borough to try and let me in.Wish me luck ! Apprsntships,BTEC really arent something i want to do.A Levels is what i want,i have one life,might as well try !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    Straight difference between me and you their bro.I need something to work for,i need a reason to get up in the morning.Looks like you got a amazing work ethic, but i aint like that i need something to be motivated for.I'm gonna phone and harass every college/sixth form in the borough to try and let me in.Wish me luck ! Apprsntships,BTEC really arent something i want to do.A Levels is what i want,i have one life,might as well try !
    http://www.bsix.ac.uk/college/welcome.htm

ReputationRep:
    Yes i have emailed for the possibility for a Resit.However no chance i can enroll their at College,too far away.Map tells me this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    Yes i have emailed for the possibility for a Resit.However no chance i can enroll their at College,too far away.Map tells me this.
    i knew smone that used to come from harrow to this college for their a-levels nothing is too far pls stop making excuses and do more action it will help more if they can do it so can u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    I have thought about this,but then i strongly doubt they are going to make an exception for me.Their are 100 Places available to External Students at this Sixth Form which in truth is not that much.I am sure their are Hundreds of Applications who have/predicted 6/7/8/9 in their Gcse Grades so they will get piority.P.S-It's an effort to actually get them to reply to me via email aswell.Also what do you mean just the subject leader ? I want to be doing 3 A Level Subjects,so wouldnt it make sense to beg the Head of the Sixth Form more ?
    I thought you meant b-tech. To be honest and I know this is hard to hear but I think you've exhausted your options with this college, you need to look else where. I know it's hard and I know you probably had your heart set on going there but if they aren't replying to your emails then that's a pretty afermitive message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    My G, that came from all of my failures. I've messed up sooooooo many times I cannot express in words. I found a reason, yes. BUT there was a lot of struggle behind it and you'll find that in EVERYONE. Look, everyone has their story to tell. Everyone. Create your own. Give yourself a reason. My incentive is that I've got potential right now. I can learn, I can adapt and I can develop. I would hate to think later in life (if I make it that far) that I did not make the most of it. My work ethic is a product of all my attempts. There is still so much time wasted, missed opportunities and yo, my A Levels were not good. I took on Pharmacy with what little grades I had and believe me when I say, there were students studying alongside me with Btecs and Apprenticeships. They've graduated now and at the time, they would have been thinking no way am I doing a btec. Not saying you should but don't discard these options because they certainly weren't about a little while before my time! It's never the end of the road it's just a matter of making the most of what you have/get. I'm not successful nor do I mean to come across as someone who has achieved a lot. I can understand the position you are in because before and after dropping out of pharmacy - man I felt as though I'll get nowhere and that I'm a waste of space. But that was stupid thinking - I knew that just saw to being lazy and not doing anything about it. Life is as easy as you make it brother, keep your chin up and get cracking with what needs to be done. Don't think about what might happen if you fail.

ReputationRep:
    i knew smone that used to come from harrow to this college for their a-levels nothing is too far pls stop making excuses and do more action it will help more if they can do it so can u
    What would your advice to convince SJC to let me in for September 2018 in the basis that i will retake GCSE Maths alongside it ?

ReputationRep:
    Go to them and explain the situation in person, it may be the most effective, you could also get a parent to assist you in doing so. If this fails you will have to (as previously stated) go elsewhere and do your maths GCSE then re-apply. It is February though, I honestly doubt any sixth form would accept you now to start the subjects as you missed too much. I suggest you contact the exam administrator of that school and ask whether they would accept you as an external applicant so you can do your maths GCSE. If there's none in the area then you will have to travel beyond it. If they refuse to take you on even after that, then you will have to find a different place to go. Also if you don't know how to find an examination center that will accept private candidates, call or look online at the information exam boards put for being a private candidate and call around local schools/colleges that are listed and see if they will take you on. You will have to pay for that.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie091000)
    I thought you meant b-tech. To be honest and I know this is hard to hear but I think you've exhausted your options with this college, you need to look else where. I know it's hard and I know you probably had your heart set on going there but if they aren't replying to your emails then that's a pretty afermitive message
    Never give up ? I havent exhchanged a phone call with them yet which is what i plan to do today,only E-Mails.I just have to convince them can they let me Re Sit my Gcse Maths alongside the subjects i choose for A Levels.Most of the subjects i will choose are more Written/English Based which is where my strengths lie anyway and dont involve Maths,like Law,Sociology for example.Although i understand you need Maths for a UCAS Entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xyspher)
    Go to them and explain the situation in person, it may be the most effective, you could also get a parent to assist you in doing so. If this fails you will have to (as previously stated) go elsewhere and do your maths GCSE then re-apply. It is February though, I honestly doubt any sixth form would accept you now to start the subjects as you missed too much. I suggest you contact the exam administrator of that school and ask whether they would accept you as an external applicant so you can do your maths GCSE. If there's none in the area then you will have to travel beyond it. If they refuse to take you on even after that, then you will have to find a different place to go. Also if you don't know how to find an examination center that will accept private candidates, call or look online at the information exam boards put for being a private candidate and call around local schools/colleges that are listed and see if they will take you on. You will have to pay for that.
    Good luck.
    i myself studied ps level 3 at the start of feb in bsix they will still accept u but u will have to show dedication nothing is impossible if he cant do his a-levels now he can wait until sep 2018 but i knw for a fact hw will be accepted for gcses at bsix.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck.
    100% this academic year is too Late.I'm asking for a September 2018 Start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    What would your advice to convince SJC to let me in for September 2018 in the basis that i will retake GCSE Maths alongside it ?
    heres my advice go and do your gcse maths privatley once you have achieved that grade 4/5 or whatever then apply to sjc in 2018

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    100% this academic year is too Late.I'm asking for a September 2018 Start.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    heres my advice go and do your gcse maths privatley once you have achieved that grade 4/5 or whatever then apply to sjc in 2018
    I cant afford the costs of a Private Centere that is the problem.SJC External Applications close by March, I will get the Maths Results in August.Do you see the problems ? I cannot apply for a External Applicaton as it is for those who are currently in Year 11 which i am not.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck.
    I cannot afford any of these Private Boards,i have just done some research,for the June 2018 Maths Series it costs £235 for most of them !!! I dont have that type of money.Loos like i am going to have to beg them to let me enter in September and a Resit in November

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.