Turn on thread page Beta

How to beg a Sixth Form to let me in ? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    I have emailed them about a Gcse Maths Retake,no reply yet.Judging by the distance it takes me 1hr 30 minutes to get their which will be fine just for the Resit(if they let me)
    they may get bak to u on monday. jus b patient hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabzyyy987)
    I am worried at the potential price.You see most Exam Board(AQA,Edexcel) entries closed on wednesday.Will that mean i have to pay extra as it will be classed as a 'late entry' even then will a Grade 4 be enough to get into SJC

ReputationRep:
    So what happens if i get no responses from any Colleges's regarding re sits or i cant afford the price ? What do i do then ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressing out big time,i cannot find anywhere to do a Maths Re-sit which is affordable.What do i do ? No Sixth Form will let me in unless i get a pass at Maths

ReputationRep:
    Still no responses,so No place to retake a Maths Gcse,No Sixth Form or College taking me,what the hell do i do? I just wish i could drop dead

ReputationRep:
    Woah don’t say that... you are stressing... what other GCSE grades did you get? What ALevels do you want to take? Do you need ALevels for what you want to do? Can you go to College and do a vocational course?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    I'm stressing out big time,i cannot find anywhere to do a Maths Re-sit which is affordable.What do i do ? No Sixth Form will let me in unless i get a pass at Maths
    Your chances of taking gcse maths at a cheap price as a private candidate this summer has gone. Exam entries have already been done, most centres won't do late entries and even the cheapest option has to charge higher exam fees. You might still find centres accepting entries if you can afford the cost. Although you appear to have wasted a year that's not the end of the world, you have plenty of time to complete your education and have a great career and life.

You have to drop your insistence on attending one particular school that has told you that they don't want you.
    I'd advise you do what you should have done back in September, either
    1. accept a place at a sixth form or college that will allow you to retake gcse maths for free alongside level 3 qualifications. This is usually possible if your other gcse are good enough though more popular/competitive/grammar schools often don't offer this option.
    2. accept a place at a sixth form or college that will allow you to retake gcse maths for free alongside some level 2 qualifications and then move on to A level or BTEC level 3 the following year. This will be the option if your other gcse are weak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlettcake)
    Woah don’t say that... you are stressing... what other GCSE grades did you get? What ALevels do you want to take? Do you need ALevels for what you want to do? Can you go to College and do a vocational course?
    Well i have 5 Gcse's 9-4(A-C) which should make me eligable for Sixth Forms/Colleges however Maths is the one i failed,and i havent had a chance to retake it.Private Centre's are too expensive i dont have £250 to blow out,Sixth forms have said they wont consider me until i get at least a Grade 4.Contacted Colleges all across my area,no response or dont take 'External Students' is the answer i have been getting.I dont mind taking a BTEC as long as i can have 2 A Levels along side it.Anything less i wont consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Your chances of taking gcse maths at a cheap price as a private candidate this summer has gone. Exam entries have already been done, most centres won't do late entries and even the cheapest option has to charge higher exam fees. You might still find centres accepting entries if you can afford the cost. Although you appear to have wasted a year that's not the end of the world, you have plenty of time to complete your education and have a great career and life.

You have to drop your insistence on attending one particular school that has told you that they don't want you.
    1. accept a place at a sixth form or college that will allow you to retake gcse maths for free alongside level 3 qualifications. This is usually possible if your other gcse are good enough though more popular/competitive/grammar schools often don't offer this option.
    2. accept a place at a sixth form or college that will allow you to retake gcse maths for free alongside some level 2 qualifications and then move on to A level or BTEC level 3 the following year. This will be the option if your other gcse are weak.
    They havent exactly said they wont take me.They just said they wont consider me until i get a Pass in Maths which is fair.But i am going in a circle,as i cannot find anywhere to retake my Maths.

ReputationRep:

The problem is i cannot find anywhere to re sit a Maths Gcse now,i'll do anything i can to get the money somehow.If i get a Grade 4 for Example do you think the Sixth Form will accept me,i will have the bare minimum which is 5 Gcse's at 4-9 inc Maths and English.God knows what i'll do if i fail the re-sit though ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    The problem is i cannot find anywhere to re sit a Maths Gcse now,i'll do anything i can to get the money somehow.If i get a Grade 4 for Example do you think the Sixth Form will accept me,i will have the bare minimum which is 5 Gcse's at 4-9 inc Maths and English.God knows what i'll do if i fail the re-sit though ?
    I'm not surprised you can't find anywhere reasonably priced to resit the gcse privately in the summer. Lots of schools won't take external candidates. Most of those that do accept private candidates won't take late entries. You are probably only left with the very expensive private colleges and exam centres.

I don't know know if the 6th form will accept you but you have said yourself it is one of the better ones in your area and is sure to be popular, you've also said your other GCSE are not great. It seems unwise to have no other plans if either you fail the resit or if even after passing it they still don't offer you a place. You need to consider all of your possible options and be prepared to accept the best available option whatever that may be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised you can't find anywhere reasonably priced to resit the gcse privately in the summer. Lots of schools won't take external candidates. Most of those that do accept private candidates won't take late entries. You are probably only left with the very expensive private colleges and exam centres.

I don't know know if the 6th form will accept you but you have said yourself it is one of the better ones in your area and is sure to be popular, you've also said your other GCSE are not great. It seems unwise to have no other plans if either you fail the resit or if even after passing it they still don't offer you a place. You need to consider all of your possible options and be prepared to accept the best available option whatever that may be.
    What i'm thinking is can i phone that Sixth Form ask them can i enroll as a PRIVATE Candidate for Gcse Maths Resit in June and i will obviously cover the fee's.Then if i do pass,will i be able to enroll for courses starting September 2018.It will obviously be a Late Entry which means i will have to pay more,but if it means a place will be waiting at the end of it,i will find a way to do it ? Do you think i should ? I dont know what else i can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ty457)
    What i'm thinking is can i phone that Sixth Form ask them can i enroll as a PRIVATE Candidate for Gcse Maths Resit in June and i will obviously cover the fee's.Then if i do pass,will i be able to enroll for courses starting September 2018.It will obviously be a Late Entry which means i will have to pay more,but if it means a place will be waiting at the end of it,i will find a way to do it ? Do you think i should ? I dont know what else i can do.
    You can ask them. They may say yes BUT you need to be prepared for the possibility that they may not do resits, they may not take private candidates or they may not do late entries.

You need a plan B for something else to start next year as many people have tried to suggest to you. It seems like you're not willing to consider any other option than going to this school to do A levels. I don't know what to say other than you need to consider all possible options.

ReputationRep:
    You can ask them. They may say yes BUT you need to be prepared for the possibility that they may not do resits, they may not take private candidates or they may not do late entries.

You need a plan B for something else to start next year as many people have tried to suggest to you. It seems like you're not willing to consider any other option than going to this school to do A levels. I don't know what to say other than you need to consider all possible options.
    I dont have any Plan B,because i dont know what i want to do apart from going to college/sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Got a reply,they dont offer resits to external students

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.