Turn on thread page Beta

I'm just tired of everything mentally its just that i let other peoples problems stress me out and it bothers my mind where i think about it over and over most times figuring out solutions for them . even when it comes to social media i'll look at someones page over and over if its interesting especially with the post and read the comments that have nothing to do with i feel like a creep always keeping up with their pages and i dont even know these people. I'm tired of being everyones go to especially when they need advice from me or a favor i feel burden by it all i just wish i didn't care as much its too much to deal with and i dont even want to deal with worrying and stress anymore.. really stuck on how i should be as a person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just tired of everything mentally its just that i let other peoples problems stress me out and it bothers my mind where i think about it over and over most times figuring out solutions for them
    1. Stop associating with people who are nothing but a source of drama.

2. Let other people figure their own life stuff out. Remember that trying to remove all the thorns in someone's path of life, is not necessarily the best way to help them.

3. When you find yourself thinking about other people's life problems, say "No!" to yourself and make a concerted effort to focus on something more productive in your own life (and I'm sure there's plenty that you could do or that needs to be done!).

even when it comes to social media i'll look at someones page over and over if its interesting especially with the post and read the comments that have nothing to do with i feel like a creep always keeping up with their pages and i dont even know these people.
    You're spending too much time on social media. Disconnect from social media or set a countdown timer on every time you go on it so that you only allow yourself a certain amount of time on it. Social media should be a quick look at what your friends are up to and/or an update on yourself (rather than endless hours upon hours each week of mindless trawling through stuff that is of no real relevance/bearing in your life).

I'm tired of being everyones go to especially when they need advice from me or a favor i feel burden by it all i just wish i didn't care as much its too much to deal with and i dont even want to deal with worrying and stress anymore
    Then start saying "No"- stop being such a yes person to everyone's woes. If you don't want to be an agony aunt, then don't provide yourself as one.

You've already identified your problems, so all you need to do right now is to start implementing some solutions (which are actually all quite obvious). Every day in life you making countless decisions/choices.

I wonder if you focus on other people's lives so much as to distract yourself from your own. And even if that's not the case, you should focus on getting your own life problems sorted out more before spending so much time trying to help other people out (for whose life are you living this one for? You need to get your own life figured out a lot more).

(Having said that though, I need to go get some stuff done in my own life now lol :P ).

Thanks to you all really need this advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.