Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in my first year (AS year) of Sixth form, and I really hate it. I personally feel that I won't be able to cope with A-Levels due to the stress. I'm almost finished with my courses, but I honestly don't want to continue.

I am looking at Business/Marketing apprenticeships and feel that I will enjoy doing an apprenticeship more than proceeding with my A-Levels. I have not applied just yet, however will do so in due course.

Am I making the right decision? Am I leaving this too late into the academic year?

Thanks )
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Neha Pindoria)
    x
    Sorry for the slow reply but here's my 2 cents. I went to sixth form and for the few year I hated it. It made me vomit every morning with anxiety. I was depressed. I was alone. I wanted to quit. I didn't though because I was too scared too and would feel like a failure. Turns out what you experience at one point can be changed to a different feeling the next. Once i'd settled a bit into the second year I started to like it, maybe even love it. I would have severely regret dropping out to do an apprenticeship. In the end I finished sixth form with a-levels in Computing, Electronics and maths before doing an apprenticeship in IT. That was a couple of years ago. I decided that im not so interested in working in IT and thankfully I have a-levels which now allow me to go to uni. My opinion on your situation would be to complete this year. See what results you get. Then decide on next year. You can do an apprenticeship after your a-levels but you will find it much harder to go back to do a-levels or equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying! I honestly can relate so much. However I feel if I stay in Sixth Form, I'm just going yo be extremely demotivated and almost know that I won't pass. I've been talking to a few people (tecahers and some appretices') and they've told me to go with what I feel would make me happy. In my case, I feel like doing this Apprenticeship would make me happy. Hopefully I'll find some kind of motivation in me to complete this year 😂 thank youu for replying though

ReputationRep:
    Apprentships really arent that good.Half of them are minimum wage and you will be treated as a phony.You need A Levels on your records,if you dont want to go to Uni,then do a Apprentship.However a Apprentship after Gcse is really useless.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.