Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

With UCAS Extra opening this Sunday, the 25th February, we thought it would be a good idea to set up a thread to answer any questions you may have about applying through UCAS Extra :question:

We've put together a list of UCAS Extra FAQ's, which you may find useful...
    • Who is UCAS Extra for? UCAS Extra is for those who have used all five of their choices on UCAS, but have either been unsuccessful for all choices or have declined all the offers they have received.
    • Can I apply through UCAS Extra if I am holding offers? No. To apply through Extra you cannot be holding offers elsewhere. Please think carefully before declining any offers you may already be holding, as you will not be able to reinstate these choices if you change your mind.
    • How many times can I apply through Extra? You can only apply for one choice at a time through Extra; however if you are unsuccessful or decline an offer, you can apply for another course through Extra and so on, until you have been made an offer that you accept or you run out of time.
    • How can I find out if a course is available through UCAS Extra? You can search for courses that are open to applications through Extra at https://digital.ucas.com/search.
    • Can I send a new personal statement to Manchester Met if my original is no longer relevant? Yes, you can send a new personal statement if your original is no longer relevant. This can be sent via email to the relevant Admissions Team. A list of the Admissions Team contact details can be found at the bottom of the following webpage - http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...2018/my-offer/. Please note that it is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor as to whether they will consider an additional personal statement.
    • When does UCAS Extra close? UCAS Extra closes on the 4th July 2018. However, it is worth noting that many of our courses may close before the 4th July, so it always best to apply as soon as possible. Any applications after the 4th July will need to be made through clearing, which opens on the 5th July.

The Student Room also have some really useful information on Extra which you can find here.

Some of our courses which are currently available through Extra include BA (Hons) Primary Education and BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing.

Please feel free to post any questions, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Rebecca, Stewart, Charlotte & Matt
    (MMU TSR Reps)

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
    Hi,

With UCAS Extra opening this Sunday, the 25th February, we thought it would be a good idea to set up a thread to answer any questions you may have about applying through UCAS Extra :question:

We've put together a list of UCAS Extra FAQ's, which you may find useful...
    • Who is UCAS Extra for? UCAS Extra is for those who have used all five of their choices on UCAS, but have either been unsuccessful for all choices or have declined all the offers they have received.
    • Can I apply through UCAS Extra if I am holding offers? No. To apply through Extra you cannot be holding offers elsewhere. You will therefore have to decline any offers you have in order to add an Extra choice. Please think carefully before declining any of your offers, as you will not be able to reinstate these choices if you change your mind.
    • How many times can I apply through Extra? You can only apply for one choice at a time through Extra; however if you are unsuccessful or decline an offer, you can apply for another course through Extra and so on, until you have been made an offer that you accept or you run out of time.
    • How can I find out if a course is available through UCAS Extra? You can search for courses that are open to applications through Extra at https://digital.ucas.com/search.
    • Can I send a new personal statement if my original is no longer relevant? Yes, you can send a new personal statement if your original is no longer relevant. This can be sent via email to the relevant Admissions Team. A list of the Admissions Team contact details can be found at the bottom of the following webpage - http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...2018/my-offer/. Please note that it is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor as to whether they will consider an additional personal statement.
    • When does UCAS Extra close? UCAS Extra closes on the 4th July 2018. However, it is worth noting that many of our courses may close before the 4th July, so it always best to apply as soon as possible. Any applications after the 4th July will need to be made through clearing, which opens on the 5th July.

More details on UCAS Extra can be found on the UCAS website here.

Please feel free to post any questions you have about UCAS Extra, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Rebecca, Stewart, Charlotte & Matt
    (MMU TSR Reps)

:tsr2:
    Is the search tool working for Extra? I can't see the option in Filter 😓
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by daysnake)
    Hi there,

You can search for courses on UCAS and apply using the link here. If this isn't currently working it's most likely due to a technical issue on the UCAS website itself - it may be worth giving UCAS a call on 0371 468 0468 if you're having difficulty.

I hope this helps - give us a shout if you have any more questions

Matt
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by daysnake)
    Hi!

There isn't a filter option specifically for Extra. You just search for the course you are interested in on the search tool, and on the left hand side under filters you will see the heading "Search for course vacancies:" as below:

Name:  UCAS Filter.PNG
Views: 52
Size:  14.2 KB

If you select the "Show courses with vacancies option", and then select where you normally live, this will show which courses are still available to apply to through Extra.

I hope this helps

Rebecca
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by xxboraxxx)
    I have applied for a course at your university but it has been declined, is there any chance of me receiving an offer?! They declined because they said my grades were low but I have achieved what they require now.
    Sorry to hear that your application was declined.

If you give us a call on 0161 247 6969 we will be able to put you in touch with the relevant Admissions Team to discuss your application.

Rebecca

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.