The Student Room Group

Science GCSE year 9 - no learning

I'm currently in year 9, doing triple science and we have already started the GCSE curriculum. My teacher doesn't know how to control the class so we never learn anything and she hasn't been in for a lot of the time so we just get covers and never learn.

ps: I'm doing the higher tier. Please somebody, what can I do?
please.
Point this out to your headteacher?

Or wait like most people for y10.
Reply 3
I had the same thing in year 9 but it's all good, I'm in year 11 now and I'm in the top set for all the sciences. You normally revisit all the year 9 stuff at some point in yr 10 and 11 anyway but if not then you can get a revision guide and just use that to go back over things you didn't really understand. I'm currently going through each mine and making notes on every single page just in case I missed something. You won't fail science over something you missed in year 9, I promise you
Reply 4
Original post by Obolinda
I'm currently in year 9, doing triple science and we have already started the GCSE curriculum. My teacher doesn't know how to control the class so we never learn anything and she hasn't been in for a lot of the time so we just get covers and never learn.

ps: I'm doing the higher tier. Please somebody, what can I do?

Well you should probably speak to another teacher if you really aren’t learning anything and see what they say.

If that doesnt help or you want to do some of your own learning you can try and go over some of it yourself! Buy a revision guide and go through the content or have a look at some youtube videos on the areas you want to go over. You could also look up the specification for your science subjects online (make sure you have found the right ones) -these tell you what you need to know for your GCSEs.
Reply 5
Try and go over the things you do in school again at home but don’t worry because you will probably go over everything again in year 11
Reply 6
I didn't learn anything either in year 9 and I'm also doing higher tier, so don't worry. You'll.be able to catch up by paying attention in year 9 and 10. I recommend you buy a revision guide for the sciences such as the Collins one, it has really helped me.

Quick Reply

Latest