Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the allocation policy for Brighton, as applications open 1st March. On their website it states that "In 2017 students living in East and West Sussex postcodes were not eligible for an offer of university-managed or arranged accommodation at the start of the academic year" but I know some people from those areas who still got accommodation last year.
    I'm really anxious to know the chances of me getting accommodation, as I would hate to live at home during university and where I live makes it extremely difficult for me to commute to a train/bus station to Brighton everyday.

Could someone let me know their thoughts on this and whether they have more information about this allocation policy?! Or could anyone direct me to cheaper private accommodation that I could look into if I absolutely have to?

ReputationRep:
    Was it not private accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Was it not private accommodation?
    No, I was looking at living in halls for Brighton uni but I'm worried that this policy will stop me from doing so :/
    I would live in private accommodation if I didn't get into university-managed accommodation, but I'm really worried about it all because I barely have my life together lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisygjrl)
    No, I was looking at living in halls for Brighton uni but I'm worried that this policy will stop me from doing so :/
    I would live in private accommodation if I didn't get into university-managed accommodation, but I'm really worried about it all because I barely have my life together lol
    Email them. If they say no you are not eligible, go for private. Literally a 5 minute task.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 22, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.