Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

not getting an offer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    if i dont get an offer first time but still achieve AAA can i get an unconditional offer if i take a gap year and reapply?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by notsmt90)
    if i dont get an offer first time but still achieve AAA can i get an unconditional offer if i take a gap year and reapply?

Thanks
    Yes, potentially. This is because you would have already met (what would have been a conditional AAA) the offer requirements.

Make sure you do something that enhances your chance of being selected for interviews!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Thanks
    Hi notsmt,

As ecolier said, it is possible to get an unconditional offer if you reapply! However, you have to make sure you show continued commitment to Medicine over your gap year. Check out this handy guide on how to make the most of your gap year.

Do check whether or not you can reapply to your chosen universities and possible conditions here.

Hope this helps!
    The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    You can indeed, potentially! If you don't get an offer this time around, get feedback on your application from the unis you applied to, and make sure you change that next time around. AAA alone won't get you into medical school - everyone will have AAA predicted or achieved really - so you need to make sure everything else is ticked too. Do something great in your Gap Year (travel, volunteer, work as a HCA, shadow more Doctors, whatever) and you'll be in a great position this time next year, I'm sure of it! Best of luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.