Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling overwhelmed by revision. watch

I do German Art and Biology, so I was wondering how much revision I should be doing with exams coming up. Would 1 hour per subject a day as I have been doing enough?

I got an A & an A* in my recent biology mocks so should I just continue doing what I have been or do more?

I’m not doing that good in German though but I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed on some days (like today) and I don’t know why it’s like my brains fogged up and I can’t think properly. Should I just put my revision away on days like this because, it’s not like I’ll be productive anyway.

What’re your revision tips?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do German Art and Biology, so I was wondering how much revision I should be doing with exams coming up. Would 1 hour per subject a day as I have been doing enough?

I got an A & an A* in my recent biology mocks so should I just continue doing what I have been or do more?

I’m not doing that good in German though but I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed on some days (like today) and I don’t know why it’s like my brains fogged up and I can’t think properly. Should I just put my revision away on days like this because, it’s not like I’ll be productive anyway.

What’re your revision tips?
    This is why you have a plan, so your prep reaches certain stages each week/ month and you know you are on target.

You need to review and see what you have to do before the exams and whether you are on target. If not, then create more time or revise the plan.

If you have Biology under control then do a little less Biology and do more German?

Your plan should be flexible and also have a bit of social involved.

Try different study methods and change subjects can often make some revision easier at certain times than others. If its non productive have a break, but also catch up later in the week.

Just have faith in your plan and do the amount that is needed, then rest after the exams.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.