Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, give me examples of things guys have said to you in bars that made you laugh.. watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm really bad at humor unless I'm high on E (then I suddenly think of 10000001 witty things to say lmfao).

Looking for some examples of things guys who approached you have said to you that made you laugh.

Cheerz all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl but have a funny story involving what a girl did

Saw this girl, went over, started chatting, seemed nice enough. Asked if she wanted a drink. She said sure so we went up to the bar. She then proceeded to order not ONE, not TWO but THREE double vodka and cokes and then after collecting said army of alcoholic beverages, walked back to her group of friends again after saying "thanks, I guess"... I was like "da***... You're welcome! "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTLevers)

Saw this girl, went over, started chatting, seemed nice enough. Asked if she wanted a drink. She said sure so we went up to the bar. She then proceeded to order not ONE, not TWO but THREE double vodka and cokes and then after collecting said army of alcoholic beverages, walked back to her group of friends again after saying "thanks, I guess"... I was like "da***... You're welcome! "
    Lol that sucks man.

I always buy people drinks. Not as a way of chatting anyone up though. I dunno what it is, but when I'm out I become super generous and just wanna buy drinks for everyone I meet and pay massive portions of the cab fare 'n' stuff LOL. I suddenly act like I'm Rich Uncle Pennybags.

She sounds quite rude though, lol @ "I guess" WTF? Ordering multiple doubles when someone else is paying is also pretty cheeky. I'd be angered by that, would probably ruin my night.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sorry but I have never been a bar, so cant answer that question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    I'd be angered by that, would probably ruin my night.
    I was more shocked than anything that someone would take advantage of the generosity. If they weren't interested, could've just said and no hard feelings Win some, lose some

ReputationRep:
    I was more shocked than anything that someone would take advantage of the generosity. If they weren't interested, could've just said and no hard feelings Win some, lose some
    Loads of girls do that mate that's why it's common advice to never buy a girl a drink. That's BS advice though IMO, it's nice to go get a drink with someone you like. Usually if you speak for a bit first you can get a sense for whether they actually like you or just wanna use you for drinks. I also like to buy drinks for guys I made friends with on the night. I just think it's a nice thing to do.

Here's something weird that happened to me... One time a girl offered to buy me a drink and we went to the bar, when she ordered for us I said no, actually I'll pay. So I paid then she ditched me lol. It's like she was put off by the fact I paid for her or something. Very odd behavior.

These are rare incidents though. Like if you spoke to this girl first and she did this, it's VERY unusual.

ReputationRep:
    I can relate - I'll buy any ****er a bevy or two (within reason) once I'm into a session, but I still retain the ability to see when I'm being had off, ha.

Lol that sucks man.

I always buy people drinks. Not as a way of chatting anyone up though. I dunno what it is, but when I'm out I become super generous and just wanna buy drinks for everyone I meet and pay massive portions of the cab fare 'n' stuff LOL. I suddenly act like I'm Rich Uncle Pennybags.

She sounds quite rude though, lol @ "I guess" WTF? Ordering multiple doubles when someone else is paying is also pretty cheeky. I'd be angered by that, would probably ruin my night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Sorry but I have never been a bar, so cant answer that question
    Lol why did you bother replying then
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by blawan)
    Lol why did you bother replying then
    Thought I could include my input incase OP wonders why Girls arent answering his thread cuz some havent gone to bars

ReputationRep:
    any butterz guy just chatting me up is funny enough, like he actually thinks hes good enough to have a chance with me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomisS)
    any butterz guy just chatting me up is funny enough, like he actually thinks hes good enough to have a chance with me :lol:
    Can you post an example pic of the threshold for a guy being "butterz"? Someone who's JUST about good enough for you to not instantly laugh in his face.

ReputationRep:
    It's like she was put off by the fact I paid for her or something. Very odd behavior.

Did you get any feminist vibes from her at all?

ReputationRep:

you need to improve your calibration skills to tell if a girl is actually interested if you're going to go round offering girls drinks .. or you'll just end up losing more money than the NHS....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Did you get any feminist vibes from her at all?
    Dunno mate don't remember, was quite a long time ago now.

Wouldn't want to get with a hardcore feminist girl anyway. Firstly because they're hateful and angry people, and secondly because they're likely to make up fake charges against me if I don't want to commit to them after sleeping with them one time.

The type I'm talking about are legit dangerous to associate with. Best to avoid them, no matter how attractive they look. They're essentially Bunny Boiler tier.

ReputationRep:

Yeah I wouldn't bother asking a girl if she wants a drink. It wouldn't make me any more attracted to the guy so I think it's a waste of money sometimes. Only times it's good is if you want to use it as an excuse to get her away from her group of friends. Can also do it if you're both stood next to each other at the bar or in a queue waiting to be served, but again it's not expected or necessary, it can just be used to get a conversation going.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.