Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't too sure where to post this so apologies in advance if this is the wrong section.

A future career path that I want to go into (health and social care) requires an enhanced DBS check. I have not got a criminal record, I've never been arrested and haven't received a caution but I did have an incident 1 and a half years ago with the PCSO's involving an online argument (which was considered a form of cyberbullying to them) and some heated things were said which resulted in the involvement of the PCSO's (I was 14 at the time, now 15 approaching 16 soon)

I also have to have a DBS check to get onto the level 1 health and social care course, so my question is: will this little online incident with the PCSOs appear on an enhanced DBS check when no punishment came from it? In the police intelligence/other information part?

It's worrying me because my dream is to work in health and social care.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    If you don't have a criminal record, your certificate will come back with no information aka clean. I doubt you'll have a criminal record from that incident. Even if you do the employer decides if you're acceptable based on the information that comes back. If you have a criminal record for stealing and try to work in a shop they won't let you but if you have one from illegal online activities such as harassing someone 5 years they may not care as it's not going to affect you or the job in anyway to a certain extent.

If you're that worried you pay and have the police records provided to you: https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Thank You! I didn't receive any cautions, there was no arrest, etc. So Its safe to assume that my criminal record is clear thank you for the link, I'll have a word with my parents to see if I can apply for that (the link you sent me)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 8472)
    If you don't have a criminal record, your certificate will come back with no information aka clean. I doubt you'll have a criminal record from that incident. Even if you do the employer decides if you're acceptable based on the information that comes back. If you have a criminal record for stealing and try to work in a shop they won't let you but if you have one from illegal online activities such as harassing someone 5 years they may not care as it's not going to affect you or the job in anyway to a certain extent.

If you're that worried you pay and have the police records provided to you: https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx
    I agree. You havent got record so you will be fine.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.