Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiiii

Can you suggest me an easy to read book that covers basic corporate accounting, valuations, financial modelling, cash flow analysis?

With simple terms and not very technical, any suggestions?

Could be A level or undergad or anything

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm currently doing an MSc in Corporate Finance at Loughborough Uni. The book I recommend for basic terms is Corporate Financial Management, it will have most of the things you need. You can buy it here:
    https://www.waterstones.com/book/cor.../9780273758839

However there's always a few copies available in university libraries, and check on eBay as well! It doesn't need to be the latest edition if you just need the basics. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurattwell)
    Hi!

I'm currently doing an MSc in Corporate Finance at Loughborough Uni. The book I recommend for basic terms is Corporate Financial Management, it will have most of the things you need. You can buy it here:
    https://www.waterstones.com/book/cor.../9780273758839

However there's always a few copies available in university libraries, and check on eBay as well! It doesn't need to be the latest edition if you just need the basics. Hope this helps!
    Thanks but it doesn't say how to interpret financial statements and basic accounting.
    Also, is there any more concise? Maybe you have some notes you could share? I need the basics of accounting and the basics of valuations.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.