Turn on thread page Beta

Is it wrong to have no ambition? watch

Announcements

It feels like everyone that I wanna know wants to become successful, rich or famous. But I just want to live a normal decent life, work normal hours, have a family, have a bit saved up, occasional holidays..head to the pub every weekend.. just normal stuff whereas everyone else wants to work the next 10 years, want large houses and all

ReputationRep:
    It's good to have dreams , goals & ambitions as it helps you wouldn't say it's a bad thing not having them just means you get on with it I suppose have no purpose .
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It feels like everyone that I wanna know wants to become successful, rich or famous. But I just want to live a normal decent life, work normal hours, have a family, have a bit saved up, occasional holidays..head to the pub every weekend.. just normal stuff whereas everyone else wants to work the next 10 years, want large houses and all
    I don't think that is wrong at all. Who said life had to have a point and you always have to be striving for something just out of reach? It's a gift, and so long as you enjoy what you do, just keep doing it

ReputationRep:
    You've still got ambition, it's just different to other people's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    You've still got ambition, it's just different to other people's
    Exactly what I was going to say, you just have a different perspective of what successful is in life.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.