Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I wanna try and become a Graphic Designer or another career that involves Photoshop as I've been doing it for quite a while already. Im at the place of choosing GCSEs and I wish to take Electronics, Business Studies, History and Dual Science. The teacher who I've talked to says if I wanna pursue a design career I should take Design + Technology or Art. Neither of these are subjects I enjoy or want to take. Can I still get a degree in Graphic Design at University if I do well in all the other subjects and keep going with my Photoshop knowledge?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    To go to uni for graphic design you will need an a-level/btec in relevant subject and a portfolio demonstrating your ability and understanding, unless you want to do a foundation course for a year before hand. Unis aren't bothered about which GCSEs you took for the most part. Check whichever college/sixth form you may go to as to if they have requirements for each course. Some may require you to have a GCSE in relevant subjects.

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.