Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which is the best? ( academics/fun/everything)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Academics will depend on the subject.

Social life will go to Sheffield just out of it being much bigger.

Transport links go to Sheffield. Architecture goes to York. Not sure about cost.

ReputationRep:
    York city centre is filled with pubs and bars (they also have pop world a club with a revolving dance floor) sauturadt nights in time are usually filled with students, and york has a lot of shops near the uni to work at(and students get discounts!)
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by tillyfavoured)
    Which is the best? ( academics/fun/everything)

Depends what course.

Fun is partly down to you.

As a straight forward city o be a student in I would choose Sheffield because its cheaper, bigger, one of the best unions in the country. York is a bit small imo.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback

ReputationRep:
    Which one is better for nursing though

ReputationRep:
    Funny that I should come across such a thread as I had actually withdrew my firm acceptance from York and put it on Sheffield instead! Suffice to say I do not regret it in the slightest! York is fantastic don't get me wrong, however I found it to be a little too small and the uni was slightly out of the way which put me off. Sheffield was just marvellous on all fronts, great nightlife, uni is second to none, lecturers looked very motivated and enthusiastic and best of all I didn't feel like I would ever be alone. At the end of the day their both excellent uni's, personally however I would choose Sheffield over York, broadly speaking that is! Wish you all the best OP!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.