The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shows that you are finally turning into a Man
Reply 2
Can do. I was in year 9 when my facial hair was causing me to shave daily. You'll continue to develop for a few more years yet sir. Meanwhile some can never grow facial hair or struggle until they turn 20+. Genetic lottery.
Original post by sadasdasfsfafg
i can get a 3 day stubble in 1.75 days and i am 14. should i see a doctor. will i grow anymore. have i finished puberty. i am now the shortest in my year plz help

Depends, whats your ethnicity, there were asians in my school that had beards at 13/14 too and full beards by year 11. And theres no way that you've finished puberty, just for some people it takes time, I grew 9 inches in one year and then stopped whereas others grew that much over 5 years.
but i feel like my puberty has finished and i will not grow taller any further. i am pretty short.
but i feel like my puberty has finished and i will not grow taller any further. i am pretty short.

are ur parents short?
Original post by Anonymous
are ur parents short?

my dad is 176cm and my mum is 164cm
my dad is 176cm and my mum is 164cm

and u?
Original post by Anonymous
and u?

173cm
173cm

Cmon dude, 173cm is like 5'7, you're only 2 inches off average and you're only 14. and since your dad is 5'9. 80% of guys outgrow their parents so realistically you're going to be around 5'10-6ft when you're done growing, count yourself lucky. As long as you stay healthy and don't stunt your growth, youll be tall
how tall are the men in your mothers family? take a rough average between the men in your mothers family and in your dads family, you should expect to grow to around that height.

50th percentile for boys is 164cm at age 14, 170cm at 15, 173.5cm at 16, 175.5cm at 17, 176cm at 18.
So over the the next few years you should grow a fair bit especially in the next 2, make sure your nutrition is good.
Original post by Bealzibub
how tall are the men in your mothers family? take a rough average between the men in your mothers family and in your dads family, you should expect to grow to around that height.

50th percentile for boys is 164cm at age 14, 170cm at 15, 173.5cm at 16, 175.5cm at 17, 176cm at 18.
So over the the next few years you should grow a fair bit especially in the next 2, make sure your nutrition is good.[/

men from my mums side are around 188cm-194cm on my dads side they are 170-178 cm what do you think i will be ??

i am more worried that i will not grow any further because if you can grow a beard that quickly, your growth plates have deemed to close

So over the the next few years you should grow a fair bit especially in the next 2, make sure your nutrition is good.

men from my mums side are around 188cm-194cm on my dads side they are 170-178 cm what do you think i will be ??

i am more worried that i will not grow any further because if you can grow a beard that quickly, your growth plates have deemed to close
You will likely grow to your dads height when you are around 18, also don't worry about a beard I don't think its explicitly linked to growth plates
(edited 6 years ago)

Whats your height right now? A lot of people have big growth spurts so
it's possible you could go either way, you're only 14, you will definitely grow more. I don't think you have that much to worry about. You should grow at least 170cm (i think there is good chance you will grow much taller than this). Just make sure nutrition is all good.

Boys usually either grow to the size of the men in the fathers side or mothers side or roughly an average between the two. So for example, you might inherit the genes of height more from your mothers side, in that case you need to look at the men in your mothers family to see roughly how you tall you should expect to grow. Or you may inherit more from your dads side, so look how tall your dads brothers are etc
Or third most common case is that, you inherit roughly equal proportion of genes from both sides so you grow to roughly the average between the men from both sides.

In my case, I took after the men in my mothers family and grew to around 178cm. My men on my dads side are shorter. My brother grew to around the average between both sides. So he grew taller than my dads side but shorter than mothers side.

So over the the next few years you should grow a fair bit especially in the next 2, make sure your nutrition is good
(edited 6 years ago)
my legs are tall compared to my upper half but my shoulder always look downer than normal
i am quite fat so you cant see any muscle
Whats your height right now? A lot of people have big growth spurts so
it's possible you could go either way, you're only 14, you will definitely grow more. I don't think you have that much to worry about. You should grow at least 170cm (i think there is good chance you will grow much taller than this). Just make sure nutrition is all good.

Boys usually either grow to the size of the men in the fathers side or mothers side or roughly an average between the two. So for example, you might inherit the genes of height more from your mothers side, in that case you need to look at the men in your mothers family to see roughly how you tall you should expect to grow. Or you may inherit more from your dads side, so look how tall your dads brothers are etc
Or third most common case is that, you inherit roughly equal proportion of genes from both sides so you grow to roughly the average between the men from both sides.

In my case, I took after the men in my mothers family and grew to around 178cm. My men on my dads side are shorter. My brother grew to around the average between both sides. So he grew taller than my dads side but shorter than mothers side.

So over the the next few years you should grow a fair bit especially in the next 2, make sure your nutrition is good

i am 173cm

i can get this in 1.75 days
just search: " 3 day stubble"
i am 173cm

cmon you serious man, That's a good height then at age 14. How can you possibly be shortest? Median height at your age is like 164cm. You will easily grow to your dads height, imo, i think you will make 6'1 (185cm)

Latest