Turn on thread page Beta

Need advice asap!!! School help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I've missed tonnes of school this year. My attendance is around 85% It's mainly due to anxiety and anxiety related stomach issues (IBS possibly but we find out next month at doctor.) And it occurred to me, I feel most anxious when I'm either on the top floor, furthest away from the toilets or even the 2nd floor. My head of year knows about my anxiety and I've recently stopped taking setraline for it. Do you think it's too much to ask to see if I can get all my lessons moved to the bottom floor? People who have injuries can, and this in a way is making me miss learning and I feel that if I was on the bottom floor it would be so much better. I wouldn't miss as much school because I'd be more confident. Does quite severe anxiety count as a disability? Maybe not quite that extreme, but even so. Is it too much to ask?

(Original post by Foxfeet)
    Ok, so I've missed tonnes of school this year. My attendance is around 85% It's mainly due to anxiety and anxiety related stomach issues (IBS possibly but we find out next month at doctor.) And it occurred to me, I feel most anxious when I'm either on the top floor, furthest away from the toilets or even the 2nd floor. My head of year knows about my anxiety and I've recently stopped taking setraline for it. Do you think it's too much to ask to see if I can get all my lessons moved to the bottom floor? People who have injuries can, and this in a way is making me miss learning and I feel that if I was on the bottom floor it would be so much better. I wouldn't miss as much school because I'd be more confident. Does quite severe anxiety count as a disability? Maybe not quite that extreme, but even so. Is it too much to ask?
    My situation was quite similar. Depending on which year you're in, your school should have a special class for people with struggles like you do, but i'm guessing since you're saying this, they probably don't. You could always ask for a pass that allows you to walk out of class whenever you need to without having to explain yourself to everyone.. a lot of people with depression did that at my school

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.