Turn on thread page Beta

What part-time first jobs are there for shy students? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and still in college, but really need a job. Trouble is I'm really shy and talking to people makes me panic like mad. I also have no real experience or previous jobs, so my CV looks very empty. After many attempts I eventually managed to get a job at McDonald's and had my first shift yesterday. I was put straight up front and very quickly found out that I wasn't ready for it. Within the first half hour I was convinced that I was not going back. I very nearly walked out in my break. I've got more shifts on the weekend, but really don't want this job. The problem is, I really don't know what jobs are available that aren't retail/customer based. I've tried looking for warehouse jobs and data entry but can't find any part-time.

If any body has any advice I'd be really thankful, as I'm slightly freaking out right now 🙃
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Chris33)
    I'm 18 and still in college, but really need a job. Trouble is I'm really shy and talking to people makes me panic like mad. I also have no real experience or previous jobs, so my CV looks very empty. After many attempts I eventually managed to get a job at McDonald's and had my first shift yesterday. I was put straight up front and very quickly found out that I wasn't ready for it. Within the first half hour I was convinced that I was not going back. I very nearly walked out in my break. I've got more shifts on the weekend, but really don't want this job. The problem is, I really don't know what jobs are available that aren't retail/customer based. I've tried looking for warehouse jobs and data entry but can't find any part-time.

If any body has any advice I'd be really thankful, as I'm slightly freaking out right now 🙃
    I'm in the same exact position. Cannot find jobs that are good for social anxiety. Been looking for a job for a year now, my problem is not being able to go to the interview though, I freak out.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.