Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if im posting this in the right place but here goes

Basically,our food tech class were cooking today. Since we all choose our recipes now, we all struggle a little bit but we generally find it okay.

Well today one of my friends made a mistake while cooking pastry. Me and my other friend were across the room, not really thinking much of it right???

Well a few minutes later, I heard our teacher saying to one of the helpers "OMG she really pisses me off". I know teachers are going to talk about sutdents, but in school infront of ther students doesn't seem very professional? I just wanted people's opinions tbh, do you think it was appropriate?

ReputationRep:
    i mean what year is this happening in like i am in yr 11 and most of the teachers say majority of their thoughts without censoring themselves but the same teacher when i was in yr 8 this would never happen unless teacher were unaware of students listening.

ReputationRep:
    It can vary on the age and teacher but personally I don’t think that is something you should say when the student can hear you cause it can really affect them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Whilst this can tend to be seen as uncommon and unfamiliar, it does happen quite often in classroom environments whereby teachers mumble snarky comments without considering the fact that they may or may not be heard. To relate, I did unfortunately come across a situation a few weeks back to when my form tutor muttered under her breath- "...silly little git" in regards to one of her pupils. Now, if you're unaware of what the word 'git' means, it is just an informal way of addressing someone that is prissy and childish and these people are generally the ones who answer back. However, it all comes down to the whole context between the two subjects that are involved. You can have a student that regularly makes a ruckus, instigates arguments and conflict and the teacher(s) can have every right to insult them, though there is a limit in how far the teacher(s) can go before things start to get ugly. Originally, it is expected for teachers to have a modicum of professionalism and ingenuity because their job revolves around being conditioned to be mindful of how they deliver to their audience. Some can choose to believe that anyone can say anything and this belief is commonly known as 'freedom of speech', though I believe that freedom of speech is non-existent and there probably never will be. There is an extent as to what we can say and assume in this day and age because there will be repercussions if you bring about something that is controversial, biased and blasphemous. Therefore, I believe there isn't any freedom of speech because speech can be about anything and if there's a topic, concept or sentiment that can have restrictions, that wouldn't relate to speech in general being free due to suppression being possible in conversing or even publicly disclosing something, it doesn't necessarily have to be a conversation.

To conclude, if you do something remotely bad then it can't be justified- it is inappropriate. There isn't a "borderline inappropriate" thing because if you say something insulting, it isn't a degree or fraction of being inappropriate, it is completely unacceptable and inappropriate entirely and henceforth, shouldn't be resurfaced.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.