Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "an electrolytic capacitor contains a very thin layer of dielectric formed when the capacitor is first charged. the insulating property of the dielectric in a certain 100mF electrolytic capacitor breaks down if the electric field strength across it exceeds 700MV/m. The maximum pd that can be applied to the capacitor is 100V.
    Calculate the thickness of the dielectric layer."

No idea where to even start on this. Have the equation C=A(epsilon nought)(epsilon r)/d
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Jessica)
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
    I think I might have been in the wrong place but it doesn’t matter now because I figured it out in the end. Thanks for your help anyway!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.