Turn on thread page Beta

Is my finger broken or bruised? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Today, my friends and i were playing basketball and my friend passed the ball to me. Instead of catching it, the ball hit 3 of my fingers (i think at a weird angle but im not sure) and suddenly all 3 fingers went completely numb. Ever since, my fingers have been stiff and i cant open my hand perfectly. My fingers are also numb and cause pain. I also think my middle finger looks kinda weird (may be my imagination). Is my finger broken or bruised? ( i know i cant be sure 100% without an xray but i told my mom and she didnt do anything so im just wondering)

ReputationRep:
    i think bruised because i hurt my finger and it was really swollen and numb and i went to the hospital got an x-ray and they said it was just bruised. maybe give it a day and if it gets worse go to the hospital for an x-ray if not just buy a splint from the pharmacy
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by nearlydone1)
    Today, my friends and i were playing basketball and my friend passed the ball to me. Instead of catching it, the ball hit 3 of my fingers (i think at a weird angle but im not sure) and suddenly all 3 fingers went completely numb. Ever since, my fingers have been stiff and i cant open my hand perfectly. My fingers are also numb and cause pain. I also think my middle finger looks kinda weird (may be my imagination). Is my finger broken or bruised? ( i know i cant be sure 100% without an xray but i told my mom and she didnt do anything so im just wondering)
    Worth checking in about especially with the numbness. Call your GP surgery tomorrow and let them know what happened. They can tell you what you need to do. Probably just a matter for your GP to take a quick look, but you may need to get an X ray done too.
    You can also pop into a pharmacy if you have any near you open at this time.

Don't worry about it, but do just get it checked to be sure. Don't want a little bit of damage healing up wrong and causing issues.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.