Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It really depends on the individual because some women will have dreamt about having their own kids for ages... but there are soooo many different options nowadays so you will definitely be completely fine x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    so just found out that i have to get a surgery which would leave me unable to have kids in the future.

I want to get a truthful answer from you people, if you would be more likely to avoid a serious relationship with a person who is unable to have kids.

I am guy btw, i want to know everyone thoughts.

please be truthful and don't lie to spare my feelings
    Really and truly what people want today or tomorrow is going to be different to what they want in say twenty years so if I were you I wouldn't overthink it. - I know it's easier said than done and also I'm not in your situation.

Also, there are loads of women who aren't fussed about whether they have children or not and as long as you make her happy then I don't see why it'd be a problem.

Personally, the only reason I'd avoid a serious relationship with someone is if they lied or weren't straight up with me when we realised we were good for each other.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.