Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm had been rejected from medical university, what should I do if I'm still want to do medicine

ReputationRep:
    You could do a gap year and retake a few modules if you didnt get in because of your grades, and then reapply ( but some only a few universities accept retakes im not sure which ones)

Or alternatively you can study medicine abroad, in Prague or somewhere else in Europe

ReputationRep:
    Get a job, learn a foreign language, prepare another application for different medical schools. Get more work experience. If you fail again consider going to Europe. https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...dicine-abroad/

ReputationRep:
    Try Hong Kong? Or Malaysia or Malta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troy Nguyen)
    Hi guys, I'm had been rejected from medical university, what should I do if I'm still want to do medicine
    Get feedback on your application!

Work out what your weakness was: aptitude tests (UKCAT, BMAT), personal statement, work experience, grades and make them better! Did you get rejected pre or post interview? If it's pre then change your application, if it's post then improve your interview skills. In the meantime, gain more experience, volunteer or work as a Healthcare Assistant or something, and keep going! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Really depends if it’s pre-interview or post-interview. Basically, try to finish the year strong, and improve yourself for next year - then reapply

ReputationRep:
    Work hard to get the grades now
    Be ready as soon as UCAS Clearing opens to phone Medical Schools.
    If unsuccessful, reapply next year having done more work experience and work on improving your personal statement and getting more interview practice.

Best of luck 🤞
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Get your A levels, take a gap year and build up the CV, prep for interview and practice the UKCAT. Try and get experience in a care home or as a. HCA
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Troy Nguyen)
    Hi there!

There are plenty of options on our Reapplying to Medicine page - this includes info on which medical schools accept reapplications, how to reapply and how to boost your application.

Hope this helps!
    The Medic Portal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.