Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    glad I'm not the only one wearing an insane amount to school in a futile bid to keep warm
    snoooooowwwwwwww! Did you have a snow day? (I didn't)
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Friday 2nd March 2018:

The Gist: Idk whether or not you noticed but I didn't post anything yesterday but that's purely cuz I didn't do any work, i just got up to date with survival of the fittest in time for the finale today. Also IM SO HAPPY IT SNOW IWEFHWOIDFBGW!!! Not much happened today tbh just an hour less of school. I got a B in my computing test

homeworkPhysics: Did a 9-1 paper (I'm A*-G) (45 mins)
    homeworkBiology: Did a 9-1 paper (I'm A*-G) (20 mins)
    homeworkMaths: Finish a non-calc paper started in class (class:40 mins home:50 mins)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    glad I'm not the only one wearing an insane amount to school in a futile bid to keep warm
    snoooooowwwwwwww! Did you have a snow day? (I didn't)
    Good luck
    Oh no! Don't worry, I didn't get a snow day either. I even resorted to wearing trousers today and it definitely helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hope2002)
    Oh no! Don't worry, I didn't get a snow day either. I even resorted to wearing trousers today and it definitely helped
    haha have you been out in the snow?
    I went sledging after school which was awesome!
    And wow you got so much done today! I was running round in the snow instead of working oops
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    well done on your computing exam result, a b's great and hope that homework's helping you with revision, papers are always a win

ReputationRep:
    haha have you been out in the snow?
    I went sledging after school which was awesome!
    And wow you got so much done today! I was running round in the snow instead of working oops
    I wasn't allowed out in the snow cuz when it snowed in december i ended up getting ill. The sledging sounds amazing! I've never been sledging. It sounds like I was productive but I was on Skype with my friend for 5 hours as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    well done on your computing exam result, a b's great and hope that homework's helping you with revision, papers are always a win
    I was hoping do do better cuz it means I haven't improved from my mocks. I hope it's helping too

ReputationRep:
    I’m sure you will do better. You seem like a really positive person which is awesome and papers are definitely a win
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't allowed out in the snow cuz when it snowed in december i ended up getting ill. The sledging sounds amazing! I've never been sledging. It sounds like I was productive but I was on Skype with my friend for 5 hours as well
    Oh no! Yes it’s awesome
    Aha I’ve done that before
    Enjoy your weekend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priyanboss517)
    I’m sure you will do better. You seem like a really positive person which is awesome and papers are definitely a win
    aww thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! Yes it’s awesome
    Aha I’ve done that before
    Enjoy your weekend!
    It’s when I get most of my work done and it’s so much fun Hope you have a good weekend too!

ReputationRep:
    Saturday 3rd March 2018:

The Gist: I didn't really get much done today. I slept really well last night though and I think it was because of the full moon( I have my superstitions ok). I slept till 11am which is quite late considering that I've recently been getting up at 8am on the weekends. I used to sleep till way after lunch so I guess I've found an ok in-between but it means that I don't get any work done which is terrible.

revisonLatin: Finished my Aeneid translation flashcards, once we do the analysis I'll add that as well, and put the translation into quizlet(1 hour 15 mins)

Tip: For Latin literature translations (or anything similar) section the translation into sentences, find the next full stop in the latin and the corresponding translation for that part and put it into quizlet. Repeat this until the whole translation for the text is in there. Select the parts that you what to learn and use the learn mode to learn them. I recommend downloading the app as well so you can do it on the go.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday 4th March 2018:

The Gist: I didn't even get half of what I needed/ wanted to do done. I planned on having a super productive day but woke up at 1pm with a headache then went to get my new glasses so I wasn't ready to start until around 4pm, but by then I had already started procrastinating. I'm definitely better suited to studying at night. I'm genuinely surprised I haven't had a breakdown. Also obviously I wasn't expecting to get all of that done today, I was hoping I would at least get most of what I needed to do done.

What I needed to get done:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • 4 Physics papers ( 2 really cuz I accidentally printed two copies of the same two papers)
    • 2 Chemistry papers
    • Chemistry Equilibrium revision for test tomorrow ( still haven't revised)
    • Write my final Spanish oral presentation because the one I have atm is terrible.
    • 2 Biology Papers
    • Finish Chapter 4 computing notes.
    • Do Chapters 5.1, 6, 7 & 8 Computing notes for test coming up

What I wanted to get done:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • English open text character essay (I've never done one before but we have to do one for the real GCSE which is worrying)
    • Do an English Language paper set in class
    • Revise for my Physics test on static which is going to be in depth because technically we've been given a weeks worth of homework slots to revise.
    • Type up the rest of Macbeth Act 5 notes
    • Finish my revision timetable which was supposed to start a few weeks ago but I haven't been able to do or start because of the endless amounts of homework.
    • Do geography homework which was due last week ( my teachers been on fieldwork trips the past week and in the coming week)
    • Do the geography homework due on tuesday so that it doesn't backlog.
    • Write essay plans for my poems in the poetry anthology.
    • Answer some Spanish oral questions.
    • Just type up all my Macbeth notes for each scene cuz I'm not gonna do a character question.
    • Make some Chemistry notes on things like crude oil and Electrolysis.
    • Put all my latin vocab into quizlet

homeworkMaths: Finished the non-calc paper from Friday (15 mins)
    Did a calc paper (1 hour 15 mins)
    homeworkPhyiscs: Did a double science paper (1 hour 35 mins)
    Did the matching triple science paper(1 hour)

ReputationRep:
    I hope you’re feeling a bit better today
    You put me to shame with how much you do...woahhhh
    Good luck with the physics test!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you’re feeling a bit better today
    You put me to shame with how much you do...woahhhh
    Good luck with the physics test!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Monday 5th March 2018:

The Gist: School was same old. Apparently the teachers expect us to be revising on top of all the homework and still be getting 9 hours sleep. ARE THEY MAD?! I had that chemistry test, you know the one that I didn't revise for. Well that's a lie, I revised about 10 mins in computing and the test was so easy. I say that but I still probably failed and overthought every answer.

What I plan to get done today:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Write my spanish oral presentation cuz now it's 2 weeks late
    • Answer the spanish oral questions that go with my chosen topic.
    • Finish my English Language paper
    • Do a physics paper.
    • Do some latin literature in quizlet.

What I got done:

homeworkSpanish: Mark my homework which was due today that I did during my lunch break(10 mins)
    extraPhysics: Marked my Physics tests from yesterday. Double:84% Triple:82% (1 hour)
    homeworkSpanish: Complete a sheet given in class (20 mins)
    Write my spanish oral presentation and the questions which I still need to answer (1 hour 40 mins)

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you have time to do all that revision alongside homework?!
    Hope the test was okay
    *sighs as she dreams of nine hours of sleep*

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you have time to do all that revision alongside homework?!
    Hope the test was okay
    *sighs as she dreams of nine hours of sleep*

I wish that was revision. It's all homework and I'm struggling to stay onto of it. I get most of my sleep on the weekends

ReputationRep:
    I wish that was revision. It's all homework and I'm struggling to stay onto of it. I get most of my sleep on the weekends
    oh goshhh that’s a lot of homework, I see what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 6th March 2018:

The Gist: Another average day in the life of hope. Had some latin, computing, biology and maths. In biology we had what essentially a pop quiz. We were given a test of multiple choice questions, 2 parts with 40 questions each, from different exam board just to see what we need to revise as a class without wasting any test papers. In the first part I got 24/33-73% (7 questions weren't in my spec) and the second one is being marked by the teacher. Then in maths my class was testing a out a possible new teacher and let's just say they won't be teaching at my school. They were so boring and managed to confuse me on something I already know.

To do:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Maths calculator paper
    • Latin 8 marker
    • English character essay on Keith from Spies.
    • Write email for work experience

Done:

revisonSpanish: Learn all my Spanish vocab for Topic Area B-Education and Work (30 mins).
    revisionMaths: Completed 20 min Topic Test 1 on Equations for the higher paper(10 mins).
    homeworkMaths: Completed a non-calc paper (1h 15mins)
    Marked it- 51/80:ashamed2:(15 mins)
    homeworkLatin:Wrote the 8 marker(20-25 mins)
    homeworkGeography: I forgot that my teacher doesn't go on the fieldwork trip til next week- Finished mitigation sheet and planned 9 marker comparing mitigation and adaptation (35 mins)
    homework/revisionPhysics:I forgot about my static test tomorrow- I made notes using the checklist and read a bit of the text book (35 mins)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.