Turn on thread page Beta

Changing my mind about the course i already applied for watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So originally I applied for Criminology courses at different unis. I went to an open day and in the back of my mind, i knew this degree would n't be good for me, although i enjoy studying crime i have done some research. Unfortunately, it is quite a challenge to find a good job with this degree and it had many negative opinions from people who actually have this degree too.

I'm thinking about rejecting all my offers and applying for clearing. I was thinking about Business Management as my sister is currently studying it and this degree would also allow me to find a potential job/internship in Japan or South Korea which is my dream,

I would like to ask you for pros and cons and hear your opinions about these courses.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by wik1998)
    Hi
    So originally I applied for Criminology courses at different unis. I went to an open day and in the back of my mind, i knew this degree would n't be good for me, although i enjoy studying crime i have done some research. Unfortunately, it is quite a challenge to find a good job with this degree and it had many negative opinions from people who actually have this degree too.

I'm thinking about rejecting all my offers and applying for clearing. I was thinking about Business Management as my sister is currently studying it and this degree would also allow me to find a potential job/internship in Japan or South Korea which is my dream,

I would like to ask you for pros and cons and hear your opinions about these courses.
    Do not spend £50,000 on a course you arent interested in. You have found out your change of mind by going to open days. Try another one and if its still in doubt then do not do it, cancel and do extra or clearing or just take a gap. I cant say on the relative merits of business management as its quite generic. Get into the best uni you can.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by wik1998)
    Hi

I would sit on it and have a think whether it's something you really want to do, realistically you have until fresher's week-ish to make a decision as you can try and transfer within your university.

Also as a side-note, migration prospects for Business are pretty awful so I don't think it will help you get a job in Japan or SK. You might be able to get an AIESEC placement or a paid placement though. You should also consider whether you actually want to work there as they both have very harsh work cultures with long hours, and yes this applies to western migrants too. They're more the kind of places you go to to study or take a cushy TEFL job, rather than have a career in.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.