Turn on thread page Beta

Crush on (almost) straight girl watch

So to keep it short, there's this girl I really fancy (I'm openly bi) and I don't know what to do.

She identifies as straight but says she's had girl crushes before and is open to the idea of a relationship with one if she ever really fancied a girl.
    I'm almost certain she knows, and I think she may be acting flirty with me recently because of it, but what if it's just me wishfully thinking and I'm overthinking it?
    I know she ends up liking people quite quickly also, she's never had a relationship.
    But it all comes back to the fact that she's still straight.
    What do people think I should do? I could tell her but then life could become awkward but then, it could end up in her liking me back.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So to keep it short, there's this girl I really fancy (I'm openly bi) and I don't know what to do.

She identifies as straight but says she's had girl crushes before and is open to the idea of a relationship with one if she ever really fancied a girl.
    I'm almost certain she knows, and I think she may be acting flirty with me recently because of it, but what if it's just me wishfully thinking and I'm overthinking it?
    I know she ends up liking people quite quickly also, she's never had a relationship.
    But it all comes back to the fact that she's still straight.
    What do people think I should do? I could tell her but then life could become awkward but then, it could end up in her liking me back.
    Well if she said she is open to a relationship with a girl, you could take it that she might be bi-curious. The thing you need to figure out is if she could be curious for you. You say she has been flirting with you more? Now that she knows you are bi, it would make sense if she doesn't like you to stop giving you signals. How do you know she is straight for certain? If you like her just wait it out, if she continues the flirtation back...tell her your starting to crush on her. See her reaction. If its negative you could always tell her your joking

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well if she said she is open to a relationship with a girl, you could take it that she might be bi-curious. The thing you need to figure out is if she could be curious for you. You say she has been flirting with you more? Now that she knows you are bi, it would make sense if she doesn't like you to stop giving you signals. How do you know she is straight for certain? If you like her just wait it out, if she continues the flirtation back...tell her your starting to crush on her. See her reaction. If its negative you could always tell her your joking
    Could do the classic April fools day joke!

She's one of my closest friends thats the problem.
    The other thing is also it could be the thing where you find out somebody likes you and flaunt yourself a bit because you're happy about it, even sometimes by accident! (Never personally done this but people do I guess).

ReputationRep:
    when its just the two of you bring it up casually in a convo like " so uh would you still be open minded about trying a relationship with another girl?" if she says yes lean in and see what she does. BOOM I just created a perfect scene for a film

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.