Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have received a conditional offer at Edge Hill for their MSC in Children's Nursing - Pre-registration, they are yet to release the cost of the course but it has been suggested that it will cost £9,250 a year.

I have done a little research and as far as I can tell the loan for a postgraduate is only £10,609 but this will not cover the total cost of the course or any living expenses. I have looked into some charities but there seems to be little financial support available.

Is there any additional funding I have missed? Any suggestions on how I can do this course.

I don't understand how a course in nursing will cost me an additional £16,500 to live and train. Any help will be much appreciated
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ruthcha95)
    Hi,

I have received a conditional offer at Edge Hill for their MSC in Children's Nursing - Pre-registration, they are yet to release the cost of the course but it has been suggested that it will cost £9,250 a year.

I have done a little research and as far as I can tell the loan for a postgraduate is only £10,609 but this will not cover the total cost of the course or any living expenses. I have looked into some charities but there seems to be little financial support available.

Is there any additional funding I have missed? Any suggestions on how I can do this course.

I don't understand how a course in nursing will cost me an additional £16,500 to live and train. Any help will be much appreciated
    Hi Ruthcha95,

You will be pleased to know from the 2018/19 academic year, funding will be offered for students on eligible Postgraduate Healthcare courses.

Pre-registration courses in Allied Health Profession subjects, Nursing and Midwifery that lead to a PG Diploma or Masters qualification

All previous study at a lower, equivalent or higher level, regardless of whether or not they gained the qualification will not affect their entitlement, however, they must not be professionally registered in the subject of study.

Students will be able to apply for the following undergraduate funding,

• Tuition Fee Loan
    • Maintenance Loan - Students aged over 60 will be eligible for a reduced amount
    • Grants For Dependants
    • Disability Students Allowance

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Ruthcha95,

You will be pleased to know from the 2018/19 academic year, funding will be offered for students on eligible Postgraduate Healthcare courses.

Pre-registration courses in Allied Health Profession subjects, Nursing and Midwifery that lead to a PG Diploma or Masters qualification

All previous study at a lower, equivalent or higher level, regardless of whether or not they gained the qualification will not affect their entitlement, however, they must not be professionally registered in the subject of study.

• Tuition Fee Loan
    • Maintenance Loan - Students aged over 60 will be eligible for a reduced amount
    • Grants For Dependants

Thanks Rona

How does that work against my current undergraduate loan? (In terms of paying back) is it added to my current loan or separate?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ruthcha95,

• Tuition Fee Loan
    • Grants For Dependants

Thanks Rona

Can you tell me if I can get a tuition fee loan? I am 60. Or is there any other help to pay the fees
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ruthcha95)
    How does that work against my current undergraduate loan? (In terms of paying back) is it added to my current loan or separate?
    Hi Ruthcha95,

Once you complete your Nursing course, from the April folllowing your graduation you will be eligible to make repayments to the total loan balance, but only once you are earning over the threshold. Although the loans are separate they are added together to make the total loan balance after your graduation.

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ruthcha95,

Once you complete your Nursing course, from the April folllowing your graduation you will be eligible to make repayments to the total loan balance, but only once you are earning over the threshold. Although the loans are separate they are added together to make the total loan balance after your graduation.

Regards Rona
    Hi Rurhcha95

I have been offered a conditional place on the Adult Nursing MSc for this September.

I have got conflicting advice from the SLC, as to my eligibility for Tuition fees for the Postgraduate nursing course. 1 says I am eligible for a tuition fee loan and another says, that as I am now 60, I am not eligible for the tuition fee loan.

Please can you help?
    Cavecat
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cavecat)
    Hi Rurhcha95

I have been offered a conditional place on the Adult Nursing MSc for this September.

I have got conflicting advice from the SLC, as to my eligibility for Tuition fees for the Postgraduate nursing course. 1 says I am eligible for a tuition fee loan and another says, that as I am now 60, I am not eligible for the tuition fee loan.

Please can you help?
    Cavecat
    Hi Cavecat,

You will be pleased to know that students starting an eligible PG Healthcare course on or after 1st August 2018 will be able to apply for the following undergraduate funding;

• Tuition Fee Loan
    • Grants For Dependants

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Cavecat,

You will be pleased to know that students starting an eligible PG Healthcare course on or after 1st August 2018 will be able to apply for the following undergraduate funding;

• Tuition Fee Loan
    • Grants For Dependants

Regards Rona
    Thank you so much for that information.
    Kindest regards
    Cavecat
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cavecat)
    Thank you so much for that information.
    Kindest regards
    Cavecat
    Hi cavecat,

You are very welcome, as advised you can apply now, this PG Healthcare courses attract undergraduate support, just to clarify you are not applying for a Postgraduate Loan.

Regards Rona

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.