Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been placed in the pool for MSci Physics after my interview. Is this necessarily bad? My predicted grades (A*A*A*A*) are higher than the offer. I thought the interview went ok, I needed a little prompting but got the correct answer after showing my working. Do I stand a chance? The admissions office said that about 50% of people within the pool will still receive an offer
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by JackYoung471)
    I have been placed in the pool for MSci Physics after my interview. Is this necessarily bad? My predicted grades (A*A*A*A*) are higher than the offer. I thought the interview went ok, I needed a little prompting but got the correct answer after showing my working. Do I stand a chance? The admissions office said that about 50% of people within the pool will still receive an offer
    Surely you already have the answer? You are a maybe, but a very good one. neither a straight offer, but not a straight rejection either. 50% is pretty good and some of that pool will choose to go elsewhere.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Good Luck and hopefully you get in xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Surely you already have the answer? You are a maybe, but a very good one. neither a straight offer, but not a straight rejection either. 50% is pretty good and some of that pool will choose to go elsewhere.
    Thank you, at this moment, there's no point worrying as I can't change anything, just hope for the best. I just got in a bit of a panic because Imperial has been my dream for years, and I had spoken to many people who got offers straight away.
    Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Good Luck and hopefully you get in xx
    Thank you x

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.