Cambridge law interview/test

Watch this thread
Ro.student
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anybody who sat the Cambridge law test/interview. Any advice on how to prepare (things to read, guides etc.), opinions about the test/interview?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
camabinitio
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
From someone who was pooled but not placed in the end:
For the Cambridge Law Test
- Prepare essays beforehand by reading up on jurisprudence and philosophy of law issues (law and morality etc)
- There are a few incredibly helpful books out there such as Learning the Law by Williams and Law: A very short introduction. Both helped me so much.

For the interview:
- Watch the mock interview on youtube
- Read up on landmark UK court decisions. One of the problem questions in my interview was actually based on a case I had read beforehand.
- Watch the Justice lecture series at Harvard (also on youtube)
cjxoxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I had my law test and interview overseas but I believe that it should be quite similar. I was offered a place.

Law test: The BA Law website has a few sample test questions, it would be good to go through them and plan a few of them. I used the LNAT essay resources as well to see a general example of a model essay. Read up on some current affairs (esp landmark law cases) to support your answer.

Interview: Try to read up on basic law principles like natural law and jurisprudence etc etc (I quickly skimmed through wikipedia the night before). I found that reading the law section on OUP's blog was incredibly helpful in terms of knowing current legal issues and problems. The interview is incredibly academic and intense so do be mentally prepared to be probed and questioned about your stand on certain issues. Use what they provide you during the interview itself to support your answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads