Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Has anyone received an unconditional offer from City for the MSc in Speech and Language Therapy? I just checked on the application portal this morning although I still haven’t received an email. Just wanted to see if anyone else has received an offer for this September so I could get to know some of you who will be joining on the course from September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahima_Ali)
    Hi guys. Has anyone received an unconditional offer from City for the MSc in Speech and Language Therapy? I just checked on the application portal this morning although I still haven’t received an email. Just wanted to see if anyone else has received an offer for this September so I could get to know some of you who will be joining on the course from September!
    Hi Rahima,

Yes! I have an offer- I think! The same thing has happened to me with the offer in the portal but no email. I was so happy when I saw the offer but then started to worry as I haven't received an email either. I just called admissions to see if someone can confirm that I do actually have an offer but I couldn't speak to anyone as there's another selection day going on so I'm hoping someone will get back to me...although I feel loads better now I know someone else is in the same boat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_H_D)
    Hi Rahima,

Yes! I have an offer- I think! The same thing has happened to me with the offer in the portal but no email. I was so happy when I saw the offer but then started to worry as I haven't received an email either. I just called admissions to see if someone can confirm that I do actually have an offer but I couldn't speak to anyone as there's another selection day going on so I'm hoping someone will get back to me...although I feel loads better now I know someone else is in the same boat!
    Hi Rahima,

Hi Rahima,

Hi Becky,

Yay! Congrats! To be honest I got a bit worried that I hadn’t received an email too but im glad that you’re in the same boat and plus I’m sure they’ll send it in due course. I was ecstatic when I saw it as this is something I really want to do. When did you have your interview? I had mine on the 13th Feb so I was starting to get more anxious as time went on. I’ll see if I can contact them and hopefully we get the email soon!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! Congratulations to you too!
    I had my interview last Thursday- I was soooo nervous and honestly I thought one of the stations went so badly...it was a very happy surprise when I saw I had an offer- it hasn't really sunk in yet. I guess it's much quicker to update the portal than send out the proper offer letters so you're right, I'm sure that will follow soon. Also, I thought they said we'd hear in about 2 weeks so maybe that's how long it will take to send out the emails? Are you based in London or will you be moving/ commuting for the course?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Ahh ok. Me too! I thought I messed up during one of the interviews which is why I was really nervous! It hasn’t sunk in for me either but I guess it will once the email comes through and we confirm our place. That sounds about right. So hopefully by the end of next week or so we’ll get the official confirmation as they did say we’ll be notified by end of feb. Yep, I live in London so travelling isn’t much of an issue although I’m a bit worried about the funding as I don’t want to take out another loan but I’ll see how it goes! Are you based in London?

ReputationRep:
    Yep- I'm based in London so it kind of had to be City of UCL for me! I'm definitely going to have to get a loan but I'm relieved it can be through student finance- I think I'm just not going to think about how much I'll have to pay back at the end until the end! I still haven't sent in my UCL application but I know the chances of getting a place are pretty slim so I'm just going to have a go and see what happens...
    I'm sure the portal is right but if I hear from the admissions tutors before we get any emails I will definitely let you know

ReputationRep:
    So I just had a call from admissions and they have confirmed the unconditional offer but have said it's going to take them a few days to put the official letters together

ReputationRep:
    I think I need to adopt that mindset and not think about the total amount I’ve loaned out. I’m just going to try and focus on the positives! I was thinking that I’ll apply to UCL but I don’t think I will now that I’ve got a place at City so I’ll just stick to it. Thank you so much! I can finally enjoy myself now knowing that I have actually been offered a place as I tend to overthink a lot lol!

ReputationRep:
    Me too- I am a champion overthinker! I think the admissions team were a bit confused about why I was ringing but it was definitely worth the relief when they said it wasn't a mistake! I know what you mean about the UCL application- finding so hard to put myself through the application process all over again when I know I have a place but I guess I might as well as I have time...

Hope you did something nice to celebrate over the weekend!

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I don’t think I can be bothered going through the process again but I know what you mean. Yeah definitely, why not?

Yeah I did, thanks! Hope you did something nice too x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rahima,

Beckyyyyyy,

Is it the Becky who I met on the Thursday interview who lives at the end of my road? I got in too!! Message me your number if it's u? Congratulations mate

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.