Turn on thread page Beta

why am i scared of people? watch

Announcements

everytime i walk outside and i see people, i just lock up. my face goes red, i start sweating a little bit and i literally start crying. tears form in my eyes. its worse when im walking down a main road against the traffic. i dont know why im so scared of people in real life when im comfortable around people at school? i must add i am quite lonely (not antisocial though as i do not want to be like this) and that might contribute as to why i lock up like that. i try and walk down a main road once a week to help overcome my fear, but after doing it for almost a year it still happens? does anyone know what wrong with me and how to fix it?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried walking with someone that you’re close with and open up about it? They can help you out overcome your fear.

(Original post by storm95)
    Have you tried walking with someone that you’re close with and open up about it? They can help you out overcome your fear.
    i would but im not really close with anyone, but thank you for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i would but im not really close with anyone, but thank you for the help
    No one in your family? Parent sibling? Even teacher at school?

(Original post by storm95)
    No one in your family? Parent sibling? Even teacher at school?
    meh, im not close with my brother but i guess i could talk to my parents. im a bit scared too though and feel like its not relatable as they are much older than me. and no im not close to any teacher

ReputationRep:
    see your gp and you'll get a consultation with an NHS psychologist. they'll help you out.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.