Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Moderation in eating- don't starve self, don't eat to a complete full stomach. QE2 pointed out the cycle of eating continues unless you put a stop to it. Ofc that would result in death.
    But you need to eat to be healthy. Similar to how masturbation is essential for good sexual health. That’s what everyone’s getting at.

(Original post by orderofthelotus)
    But you need to eat to be healthy. Similar to how masturbation is essential for good sexual health. That’s what everyone’s getting at.
    People can live without Mb-ing and still be healthy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    But what’s the problem if a Muslim masturbates in moderation?

ReputationRep:
    Similar to how masturbation is essential for good sexual health.
    What ??

Any respected study to support this ?

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    But what’s the problem if a Muslim masturbates in moderation?
    Rn I'm having a problem with the 'fact that Mb-ing is essential to be healthy.'

ReputationRep:
    sexual health
    Rn I'm having a problem with the 'fact that Mb-ing is essential to be healthy.'
    sexual health

I said sexual health. I thought "you're taking it out of context!!1!" was your line lmao. It is essential. What happens if you don't eat? You starve. What happens if you don't masturbate? You become sexually starved (though the consequences of this varies. I didn't claim anywhere everyone needs to fap. I just said it's normal, natural and healthy for the majority of people).

ReputationRep:
    Your religion should have no effect on your sex life

I said sexual health. I thought "you're taking it out of context!!1!" was your line lmao. It is essential. What happens if you don't eat? You starve. What happens if you don't masturbate? You become sexually starved (though the consequences of this varies. I didn't claim anywhere everyone needs to fap. I just said it's normal, natural and healthy for the majority of people).
    You said... "you need to eat to be healthy", if we're going with exact words.

ReputationRep:
    You said... "you need to eat to be healthy", if we're going with exact words.
    we're not talking about eating. that was the analogy :facepalm: fapping is the sexual equivalent of eating when you're hungry - you won't die being sexually unhealthy compared to being physically unhealthy but it has it's mental and physical implications on the average person, which is common knowledge...

we're not talking about eating. that was the analogy :facepalm: fapping is the sexual equivalent of eating when you're hungry - you won't die being sexually unhealthy compared to being physically unhealthy but it has it's mental and physical implications on the average person, which is common knowledge...
    :lol: There's something called sex too.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: There's something called sex too.
    That’s a whole other can of worms, though it brings back to the OP pretty nicely considering it’s a sexually frustrated person that has said they aren’t ready for marriage. Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.

That’s a whole other can of worms, though it brings back to the OP pretty nicely considering it’s a sexually frustrated person that has said they aren’t ready for marriage. Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.
    Ik about time we bring the thread back to OP.

ReputationRep:
    Current medical advice is for men to ejaculate at least 21 times a month to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. How is a man supposed to do this if he is not in an active sexual relationship? (or even if he is! ) Masturbation is the only option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mil99)
    What ??

Any respected study to support this ?
    https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequ...e-cancer-risk/

ReputationRep:
    Medical studies have shown that frequent ejaculation (over 21 times a month) reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
    So it's official, ******* is good for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Medical studies have shown that frequent ejaculation (over 21 times a month) reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
    So it's official, ******* is good for you!
    lather up, bois

I used to feel the same way. I constantly fantasized how great sex will be. I daydreamed constantly about how i'll be doing it with my future husband. That made me very unproductive. My brain also felt foggy. Sex used to be in my mind 24/7. The more I masturbated, the sadder and empty I felt. I wanted it really bad. The key here is to stop thinking about sex. Be aware of your thoughts. You'll notice how easily your mind changes certain topics and makes it about that. And if your daydream about it, there is no doubt that you will masturbate. If you masturbate, dopamine gets released, and you feel good for a while. So your brain keeps on making you think about it so that you will masturbate in order to get that dopamine rush. How do you stop thinking about it? Well, keep yourself busy. Busy with anything. Video games and thinking about the work i need to do for my a levels helped me a lot. Socialize with people for longer hours. That will definitely help. Once you stop thinking about sex, your masturbation sessions will definitely decrease. It's extremely hard for the first 1 or 2 weeks. But after that, it gets significantly easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Current medical advice is for men to ejaculate at least 21 times a month to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. How is a man supposed to do this if he is not in an active sexual relationship? (or even if he is! ) .
    Why are you lying for ???

Here is the NHS website for prostate cancer and please quote where it says "current medical advice is for men to ejaculate 21 times a month" = https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/treatment/#other-medical-treatments
    (Original post by QE2)
    Masturbation is the only option
    From the NHS link that you posted :

"However, it does not prove that ejaculating more frequently prevents cancer, only that it is associated with a reduction in risk. It might be that a range of other factors such as genetics, lifestyle, number of children, diet, nature of sexual activity and education contribute to this risk, but we cannot say for sure what factors might increase the risk." (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequ...e-cancer-risk/ )

"Aside from ejaculating frequently, other methods that may help reduce your risk of prostate cancer include achieving or maintaining a healthy weight, and regular exercise. " (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequ...e-cancer-risk/ )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mil99)
    Why are you lying for ???

Here is the NHS website for prostate cancer and please quote where it says "current medical advice is for men to ejaculate 21 times a month" = https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/treatment/#other-medical-treatments
    From the NHS link that you posted :

"However, it does not prove that ejaculating more frequently prevents cancer, only that it is associated with a reduction in risk. It might be that a range of other factors such as genetics, lifestyle, number of children, diet, nature of sexual activity and education contribute to this risk, but we cannot say for sure what factors might increase the risk." (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequ...e-cancer-risk/ )

"Aside from ejaculating frequently, other methods that may help reduce your risk of prostate cancer include achieving or maintaining a healthy weight, and regular exercise. " (https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/frequ...e-cancer-risk/ )
    Oh behave.
    I provided a peer reviewed study that shows a link between ejaculation (and by association, masturbation) and health benefits. You should be happy rather than attacking some straw man that I claimed that it definitely improves sexual health.

Just accept it. ******* is good for you.

(Original post by QE2)
    Current medical advice is for men to ejaculate at least 21 times a month to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. How is a man supposed to do this if he is not in an active sexual relationship? (or even if he is! ) Masturbation is the only option.
    I've read the link. There's a lot on there, sure it shows some benefit, doesn't mention with regards to any cons, which was not the purpose of the article ofc.
    But again it is not 'essential'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.