Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I am planning on coming to lincoln to study computer science this september and I have a question. The gateway seems like a perfect option to me. Close, not that expensive, and it looks really good. I would be living in ensuite but with shared kitchen. Anyone living there that would be able to give me advice if this is good idea and opinions about this building? Thank you
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I’m going to be studying computer science this September too!

I’ve looked at Gateway and it seems really nice, it’s got great quality rooms and it’s really close to. As a bonus McDonald’s is like 30 seconds away!

I’m putting gateway as my second choice with brayford quay as my first mainly because the rooms a brayford are so much bigger and it’s on the water front with loads of restaurants next to it.

Not sure if this will help with accommodation opening so soon but still.

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RStancliffe)
    Hey,

I’m going to be studying computer science this September too!

I’ve looked at Gateway and it seems really nice, it’s got great quality rooms and it’s really close to. As a bonus McDonald’s is like 30 seconds away!

I’m putting gateway as my second choice with brayford quay as my first mainly because the rooms a brayford are so much bigger and it’s on the water front with loads of restaurants next to it.

Not sure if this will help with accommodation opening so soon but still.

Which one is more expensive? Ive already applied today, chosen The Gateway as first and Brayford Quay as my second I think. Can't wait now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michpcx)
    Which one is more expensive? Ive already applied today, chosen The Gateway as first and Brayford Quay as my second I think. Can't wait now
    Gateway is more expensive as you can get a super deluxe room at Brayford for the same as a normal ensuite at gateway.

I chose Brayford first and then Gateway. I’m so excited though I was getting stressed with the website not working!

ReputationRep:
    We'll still be close to the computer science building so all good. And me too, I went on it around 10ish and couldn't do anything until like 1 but hopefully we will be able to get first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michpcx)
    We'll still be close to the computer science building so all good. And me too, I went on it around 10ish and couldn't do anything until like 1 but hopefully we will be able to get first choice.
    We probably will as everyone was having the same issue

ReputationRep:
    Do you know when we will hear back from the accomedations team?

ReputationRep:
    I think after results day

ReputationRep:
    Ouchhh... Thats a long wait

ReputationRep:
    Yep it’s really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    I really like though how all accomedations are really close to the campus. I went to see Cardiff University and the closest en-suite accomedation was like half an hour walk from the campus.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it’s great! Can’t believe that though what if you can’t drive?!

ReputationRep:
    On the website they were encouring people not to get a car because there's no free parkings in the area so I don't know. I am so glad Lincoln has accomedations literally opposite the campus because I can't imagine walking half an hour on friday in rain back to the room.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it’s great they’re close it would suck if u had to walk ages in the rain!

ReputationRep:
    If we have lecture at 9, we could literally wake up at 8.45 and still make it

ReputationRep:
    Yeh that’s what I like about it tho I’d have to wake up earlier to look presentable 😂

ReputationRep:
    But sleep!

ReputationRep:
    I know! At least I won’t have to get up at 7:30 anymore!

ReputationRep:
    Lucky, I have to wake up around 6.45ish

University open days

1. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 14 Oct '18
  3. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.