Turn on thread page Beta

Days off college watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a day off college as I'm absolutely mentally and physically exhausted, all of my muscles are very painful and it's difficult to get out of bed in the morning. I know all teenagers say that but I have depression so it is honestly so difficult.

I'm almost 18, but my mum won't let me have a day off. I don't think she understands, how can I persuade her to let me have a day off college?

ReputationRep:
    If you 18 just contact the college and say your ill if your mum won’t let you stay at home the see if you can laze around a friends house or go out somewhere so she won’t know any different. Your almost 18 you can make your own decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utteranceloon)
    I'd like a day off college as I'm absolutely mentally and physically exhausted, all of my muscles are very painful and it's difficult to get out of bed in the morning. I know all teenagers say that but I have depression so it is honestly so difficult.

I'm almost 18, but my mum won't let me have a day off. I don't think she understands, how can I persuade her to let me have a day off college?
    You don't have to persuade your mum to let you have a day off. You are 18 and an adult. What you do is make an appointment to see your GP on your own. Get documentation from him/her as to your mental and physical condition and give said documentation to your college.
    When you have done this, tell your mother that you cannot achieve academically if you are unwell physically or mentally and that you can achieve better if you are able to manage your situation better if you can have time out of college to recharge yourself therefore on the days when you are feeling the way you do you will not be going into college.

ReputationRep:
    I wish more parents understood that sometimes their child does need a day off to look after themselves and recuperate. GCSE's and A Levels are a very stressful time and the addition of depression only makes everything 10x worse, and realistically one day off won't have a huge impact on your studies.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.