Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As much as i hate both Jenner and snapchat I did allow myself a wee chuckle at this

Reality TV star Kylie Jenner wiped $1.3bn (£1bn) off Snap's stock market value after tweeting that she no longer used its Snapchat messaging app.
    Celebrity Kim Kardashian's half-sister posted: "sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore? Or is it just me... ugh this is so sad."
    Snap's shares sank after Ms Jenner's tweet about Snapchat's re-design to her 24.5 million Twitter followers.
    One million people signed a petition demanding Snap roll back the change.
    After dropping almost 8%, shares in Snap closed 6% down on Wall Street, and are now back near the $17 price at which the shares were listed when the company floated on the stock market.
    Snapchat is facing intense competition from Facebook's Instagram - especially for celebrity users - and Ms Jenner's attack comes at a time when investors are already worried.
    Ms Jenner later tweeted a follow-up: "still love you tho snap... my first love".
    Snap has rejected complaints about November's re-design to its messaging app, with its boss Evan Spiegel saying earlier this month that users just needed time to get used to it.
    Mr Spiegel had something to soften the blow, though, with news on Thursday that his total pay last year was a staggering $637.8m.
    It is thought to be the third-highest annual package ever received by a company's chief executive.
    The remuneration was, however, heavily boosted by the award of shares when the company listed on the stock market.
    Mr Spiegel's basic salary for last year was a more modest $98,078.
    The package trails the 2007 and 2008 compensation for Daniel Och, head of hedge fund Och-Ziff Capital Management.
    He received annual packages of $918.9m in 2007 and $1.19bn in 2008.

Can we build a wall around the United States please? A nation that idolises the utterly talentless Kardashians so much that a tweet from one of them wipes billions off the stock market is one that needs to be locked away into the country equivalent of a mental asylum.

ReputationRep:
    The growing power of celebrities with a platform to deliver a statement instantly to tens of millions of followers. It raises the concern about possible stock manipulation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    God I hate those ****s with a passion

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if a Kardashian can get rid of almost 2 billion, then crypto-currencies stand no choice because if they are projections, it can wiped out within a minute, remembering one of the biggest crypto currencies, Bitcoin, only has a share price worth 10,000. Good luck world...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The Kardashian's IMO are, as above, talentless and boring people - don't know what people see in them (although most of her fan base are probably 10 year olds, thinking her make-up is amazing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
    Can we build a wall around the United States please? A nation that idolises the utterly talentless Kardashians so much that a tweet from one of them wipes billions off the stock market is one that needs to be locked away into the country equivalent of a mental asylum.
    Bit excessive. Just a travel band and a great fire wall of China! lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Uhhh whenever I see her name online or on a headline, it really does fustrate me, not just her name but the whole family. Lol that tweet was funny tho, she dug herself in a deeper hole and how long has it been since she came back on social media

ReputationRep:
    Who the f*ck cares?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gogop)
    Who the f*ck cares?
    The ppl who follow her and idol her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    The ppl who follow her and idol her
    Lol true but in the real world does anyone care what a kardashian thinks?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gogop)
    Lol true but in the real world does anyone care what a kardashian thinks?
    I mean if they follow them on social media and buy the products that they sell and comment on their tweets, then yh Im sure they do care

ReputationRep:
    I mean if they follow them on social media and buy the products that they sell and comment on their tweets, then yh Im sure they do care
    I'm sure the real world will hit them hard then, when they realise there are more important things to care about
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gogop)
    I'm sure the real world will hit them hard then, when they realise there are more important things to care about
    Im pretty sure the hate they get for some of their social media posts, shows whats the real world is like

ReputationRep:
    Remind me why she is famous, or even who the hell she is.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure the hate they get for some of their social media posts, shows whats the real world is like
    Hahaha, if I had their money I'd just quit social media and go and live on an private island
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gogop)
    Hahaha, if I had their money I'd just quit social media and go and live on an private island
    No helping out poor countries? donation to charities? saving the rainforest filled with animals who could end up being extinct? But yh sure private island sounds beneficial

ReputationRep:
    Her opinion matters because Snapchat is aimed primarily at basic white girls lmao. She is the archetypal user. If she's had enough then ofc Becky and the gang are gonna follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngeryPenguin)

A*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.