Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently halfway through my first year of university. Due to a dramatic change in personal circumstances I am planning on completing my first year but then deferring my second year, so instead of starting second year in Sept '18, it'll be Sept '19.

My only concern is finances. I know that if you decide to defer a year AFTER enrolment you're liable for fees, but I couldn't find anything about deferring BEFORE a year starts.

If I decide to defer my second year, would I be liable to pay fees? I'm assuming no because I'm deferring befor the year starts so the uni isn't being paid fees anyway, but I could be wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by CobaltRose96)
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently halfway through my first year of university. Due to a dramatic change in personal circumstances I am planning on completing my first year but then deferring my second year, so instead of starting second year in Sept '18, it'll be Sept '19.

My only concern is finances. I know that if you decide to defer a year AFTER enrolment you're liable for fees, but I couldn't find anything about deferring BEFORE a year starts.

If I decide to defer my second year, would I be liable to pay fees? I'm assuming no because I'm deferring befor the year starts so the uni isn't being paid fees anyway, but I could be wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

No, because your studies are suspended and the uni agrees to it. Just make sure you go through the right procedure with the uni, you obviously dont enrol in year 2 and let SFE know.

Dont worry, just get peoples permission and let anyone relevant know.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.