Just friends to a relationship? Is that possible

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

I was wondering if I can turn a comment I received from a girl after a couple of dates could be changed.

She said that she sees me as a good friend I was wondering if girls do this because they are unsure or still need time to think about it. What can I do to change her mind obviously i can't force her to change her mind, but I mean will she change her mind if I back off and see what happens.

I hope you appreciate my honesty
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
She will have her own reasons, impossible to say why really.
MirzaVlogs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all,

I was wondering if I can turn a comment I received from a girl after a couple of dates could be changed.

She said that she sees me as a good friend I was wondering if girls do this because they are unsure or still need time to think about it. What can I do to change her mind obviously i can't force her to change her mind, but I mean will she change her mind if I back off and see what happens.

I hope you appreciate my honesty
Relationships are a funny thing my friend. You need to decide if a) you are old enough to respect one b) if you want to potentially ruin your friendship c) if this girl means enough to you d) what is your motive for changing a good thing e) have you developed enough as an individual f) if this girl is there for you as a friend and supports you, do you need to change things? My advice: I've been there. Friendship turned into a relationship. It's great but when things go South. You lose a friend. I would rather have a friend who I have love for and vice versa than a relationship which may or not bear fruit. It is possible to change her mind but you gotta know the person well enough and only YOU can figure out the puzzle that is the girl you're into! Don't take advice from movies hahaha
Anonymous #1
Thank you both for your responses.

I would still be open to anyone else willing to give their opinion on my post.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good friend usually means that's her way of telling you where you stand.

If you've been on dates, it probably means you've not done anything different to what her other friends do to her. Perhaps you haven't been flirting or making advancements, something that a potential partner would do.
Anonymous #1
Ok should I flirt more over text?
Anonymous #1
BUMP
Anonymous #1
Any other thoughts?
Anonymous #1
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No - I have already returned home (35)
11.95%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (58)
19.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.58%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
31.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise