Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this is in the right place, but here goes...

I'm auditing a company which has 3 directors and prepares accounts under FRS 101. One of the directors is paid by this company but the other 2 are paid by a parent company. We've audited the remuneration for this 1 director and they've got the disclosure for salary, pension etc.
    However, my manager has queried whether we need to look at the remuneration for the other 2 and whether we need to get the client to apportion some of their pay to this entity and include this is in the disclosure stating that X amount of pay for Directors A & B relates to this entity however has been paid by another company in the group?

I've been trawling online for guidance on remuneration, but I'm getting conflicting information. The client has never disclosed it like this before (all they usually state is that the other directors are remunerated by another co. in the group and that's it) so I'm inclined to think that as long as the parent makes the appropriate disclosures in their accounts then it's fine?

My manager has been unavailable so I can't even ask her so I thought some bright minds on here might be able to point me towards the right standard to help me out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It’s a CA06 disclosure and so won’t vary between accounting standards. I know the disclosure threshold is £200k in aggregate for highest paid director to be disclosable. Most large groups have this sort of arrangement and I think it’s just remuneration directly from the sub as the full disclosure is covered at group level but not 100% sure.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.