Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been made offers for geography at Cambridge and UCL but I’m unsure of which to firm. I do think I'm leaning toward UCL a little more because of guaranteed study abroad, and I can't think of firming Cambridge for any reason other than slightly better modules and the prestige that it comes with.

I decided to apply after all the open days so I’m not totally clued up on the city and university as a whole (although I did go for a summer school). Similar to another post I’ve seen, I guess I’m asking if Cambridge is worth the prestige, and if there’s anything else I should know about the place.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eullah)
    Hi, I've been made offers for geography at Cambridge and UCL but I’m unsure of which to firm. I do think I'm leaning toward UCL a little more because of guaranteed study abroad, and I can't think of firming Cambridge for any reason other than slightly better modules and the prestige that it comes with.

I decided to apply after all the open days so I’m not totally clued up on the city and university as a whole (although I did go for a summer school). Similar to another post I’ve seen, I guess I’m asking if Cambridge is worth the prestige, and if there’s anything else I should know about the place.

Thanks!
    go for UCL if you like it better!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eullah)

Thanks!
    Visit the universities again if you need to. If you email beforehand and ask for a look around the department and/or colleges, they will probably happily oblige. If you still feel like you'd rather do UCL, then by all means go with UCL. Cambridge is a great university but so is UCL, so you're not exactly going to be hard done by either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bateaux)
    go for UCL if you like it better!!
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Visit the universities again if you need to. If you email beforehand and ask for a look around the department and/or colleges, they will probably happily oblige. If you still feel like you'd rather do UCL, then by all means go with UCL. Cambridge is a great university but so is UCL, so you're not exactly going to be hard done by either.
    thank you both! Plagioclase it's probably a good idea to get a good look at camb so thanks for the suggestion!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.